Non-motoring > Fire risk Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 4

Fire risk - bathtub tom
Smelled burning, looked out of the window and saw smoke rising from a neighbour's garden, next to an abandoned weed burner. Neighbour came running out with a watering can. So I called the fire brigade, not 999, the non-emergency number and suggested someone should come out and have a word. Whoever I spoke to was very polite and told me they couldn't express their opinion, but a fire engine would be sent.
Turned up promptly - blues & twos. It seemed neighbour was given a good lecture.

#s***4brains
 Fire risk - Bromptonaut
Mrs B and I discussed the weed wand.

Might just be OK on the patio where bird seed has germinated between the slabs. But then again that's just a few 'weeds' that need grubbing out.

Nowhere near the edges of tinder dry lawn or flower beds; had to extinguish small fires there in an ordinary summer.
 Fire risk - Robin O'Reliant
There are photos on the net of burnt out plastic litter bins where people have been using them to dump disposable barbecues.
 Fire risk - henry k
Give them drop of oil ?
 Fire risk - Zero
A house I had a look at with the aim of buying, around 1999, with a lovely uninterrupted view over a small valley and agricultural land, is now a smoking ruin. A pile of charcoaled sticks.

The agricultural land caught fire, the flames rushed up the valley and engulfed the place.
Latest Forum Posts