Non-motoring > Why can't they do it properly ? Legal Questions
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 4

Why can't they do it properly ? - Ted

Came in from the workshop at half four to get my daily lech of Rachel Riley on Countdown ( it's an ' old man's ' thing ) and a pot of tea .
There, on the doormat were two letters. I assume that one of my neighbours had come home, found them, and posted them through our door.
Turned out to be bumff, but correctly addressed......Saga trying to flog me something and the Halifax offering me untold riches. They could just as easily been something important and just as easily put through at somone's who was away or less trustwothy.

I assume our regular postie, Steve, is off this week and the job has been entrusted to some temp who can't read English .
I'm surprised they weren't put back in the postbox by the temp, for someone else to deal with.
On top of that. I'd just bent down in the garage and headbutted the metal leg of my workmate, which was hanging up. I split my right eyebrow open and had to rely on masking tape until I could find Nurse Ted to attend to it.

Grrrrr.

Ted
 Why can't they do it properly ? - Iffy
It's a bit early for Christmas temporary posties.

Some of them don't seem to give a stuff and will stuff letters through any letterbox to get rid and finish early.
 Why can't they do it properly ? - madf
"On top of that. I'd just bent down in the garage and headbutted the metal leg of my workmate, which was hanging up. I split my right eyebrow open and had to rely on masking tape until I could find Nurse Ted to attend to it.
"

Sorry to hear that. I always turn mine so the legs do not point out... (you could make a wooden hangar).
Much safer.

When you get old like what I am, you should take care of yourself as your spatial senses and reflexes deteriorate.. as your brain slows down..

I split my head open last year bending down under our birdtable and standing up to contact the junction of two sides on the sharp bit. The blood flow was pretty spectacular...

Last edited by: madf on Wed 29 Sep 10 at 17:13
 Why can't they do it properly ? - corax
>> I split my head open last year bending down under our birdtable and standing up
>> to contact the junction of two sides on the sharp bit. The blood flow was
>> pretty spectacular...

The sacrifices you make for feeding the birds eh? I find myself constantly refilling the two birdbaths as the starlings empty them in minutes. I must get round to inventing that self-filling bird bath one day...
 Why can't they do it properly ? - madf
We have automatically refilling birdbaths.

I belive it's called rain....
Latest Forum Posts