Non-motoring > Judith Durham - The Carnival is Over Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 8

Judith Durham - The Carnival is Over - Bromptonaut
Judith Durham, lead singer of the Seekers has died aged 79:

www.theguardian.com/music/2022/aug/06/judith-durham-australian-singer-and-vocalist-of-the-seekers-dies-at-79

She was, to my ear, one of the great female vocalists along with Capercaillie's Karen Matheson and Karen Carpenter.

I saw the last night of the anniversary tour in 2014 at the Royal Albert Hall. They played close to 2 hours with no support mixing all their songs with narrative about their time as Australia's first super group.
 Judith Durham - The Carnival is Over - Stuartli
Judith had a wonderfully clear, exquisite voice and instantly recognisable. Similar in that way to Barbara Dickson and Alison Krauss, amongst others.
 Judith Durham - The Carnival is Over - Ted

My CD will be coming out of the rack tomorrow. Stunning singer, Morningtown Ride, Georgy Girl and many more.
Why no Damehood for this lovely star ?

Ted
 Judith Durham - The Carnival is Over - Zero
Because if you were going to hand one out to a foreigner, Karen Carpenter would take it hands down.
 Judith Durham - The Carnival is Over - Ted
>> Because if you were going to hand one out to a foreigner, Karen Carpenter would
>> take it hands down.
>>

I agree about Karen but she wouldn't be eligible, as a Yank.

Judith would....Kiri TK, Joan Sutherland and more ?

Ted
 Judith Durham - The Carnival is Over - Bromptonaut
>> Why no Damehood for this lovely star ?

She was honoured in her native Australia.
 Judith Durham - The Carnival is Over - CGNorwich
Like Karen Carpenter a good voice but her choice of material a bit sickly sweet for my taste.
 Judith Durham - The Carnival is Over - MD
Judith and Karen. Two voices made in heaven. I shed a small tear for Judith. Lovely lady.
 Judith Durham - The Carnival is Over - zippy
RIP.

There are some voices that make you stop and listen. She had one of them.
Latest Forum Posts