Non-motoring > C’an Picafort Majorca Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 13

C’an Picafort Majorca - Bobby
Have seen a decent package deal to go for a week in September. I have asked around on my various WhatsApp groups and don’t know anyone that has been in this neck of the woods.
Anyone on here any experience of it?
 C’an Picafort Majorca - CGNorwich
Stayed in nearby Alcudia some years back.

C'an Picafort fairly typical family Spanish holiday resort. Quite built up with lots of hotels, restaurants and bars. Nice sandy beach. Fine for a week in the sun.

Have a roam around on google maps.
 C’an Picafort Majorca - Zero
>> Have seen a decent package deal to go for a week in September.

Cancelled flights would be my fear, but I guess September, outside school holidays should be safer.
 C’an Picafort Majorca - CGNorwich
Depends who you fly with and where from I think . Have booked a couple of weeks in Croatia flying with Jet 2 from Stansted in September.

Yeah this was my fear.
It’s Tui from Glasgow.
Think I read somewhere as well that the Spanish are being a bit anal about Covid requirements again.
 C’an Picafort Majorca - bathtub tom
Ah! I was told the North coast of Majorca was known as the pestilant coast. The locals used to retreat inland to the marshes (now a nature reserve) to escape the pirate raids. You may think Scotland's midges are bad, wait until you find out what kind of beasties are waiting to feed on your blood there. I've never seen so many people with nasty, large insect bites than before and I was only passing through (with the windows shut and A/C on).
Oh that’s interesting!!!!
the Trip advisor type reviews describe it as nice, quieter than the main areas of Majorca, still quite Spanish.
I will need to do some googling re the beasties!
 C’an Picafort Majorca - Fursty Ferret
I would also caution that liberal quantities of DEET and a box of horse-sized antihistamines will be required for Mallorca in September.

Looked like someone had implanted ping-pong balls under the skin on my legs at one point. The mosquitoes are truly evil.
You simply do what the marines and the SAS do. Avon Skin so Soft. Its a woman's skin moisturiser, slightly greasy but absorbs well, easy to apply from a pump spray and rub it in. You smell a bit girly buts its acceptable.

Keeps mozzies and midges away, useless on horseflies, but then everything is.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 6 Aug 22 at 10:49
Yeah Skin so Soft has always been my go to midge and mozzie repellant.

Must admit though, a bad influx of either can really ruin a holiday.

Having second thoughts now.

Is Newquay nice in September??????? Have a nephew down there we could maybe visit!
Last edited by: Bobby on Sat 6 Aug 22 at 14:51
 C’an Picafort Majorca - tyrednemotional
>>
>> Is Newquay nice in September???????
>>

....it's just the locals that bite there....
 C’an Picafort Majorca - Dog
>>is Newquay nice in September??????? Have a nephew down there we could maybe visit!

Less busy, beginning of September could be nice. I stay well away from touristy areas as I don't like being stuck in traffic :)

www.aspects-holidays.co.uk/st-ives-porthmeor-webcam
 C’an Picafort Majorca - bathtub tom
>>I would also caution that liberal quantities of DEET and a box of horse-sized antihistamines

I would never consider consider a holiday up there. I take a 'B' complex every day, use DEET and 'skin-so-soft', but still get 'interesting' looking bites. It may appear it's my blood group 'A' that attracts the blighters.
Latest Forum Posts