Non-motoring > Posting picture of a flag arrestable offence Legal Questions
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 10

Posting picture of a flag arrestable offence - zippy
Lets get this straight, I think Lawrence Fox is a twit, but spelt with an "a".

I also am a true believer in equal rights for all, regardless of creed, colour or sexual orientation.

But an army veteran has been arrested for posting a copy of a picture that Lawrence Fox posted of rainbow flags in the shape of a swastika. That's a step too far. The original author wasn't arrested but a soft target was.

In court I would argue that the swastika is a Hindu & Buddist symbol of peace and good will.

Story here:
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11063507/Police-force-savaged-crime-commissioner-arrest-army-veteran.html

I'm with Voltaire on this. I don't agree with his words but I do believe in his right to say them.
 Posting picture of a flag arrestable offence - Fullchat
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p6zi_IIdxs

I viewed it last night and although the distinctive voice was familiar I never twigged it was Fox.

My understanding is that its not for the PCC to get involved in operational policing.
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p6zi_IIdxs
>>
>> I viewed it last night and although the distinctive voice was familiar I never twigged
>> it was Fox.
>>
>> My understanding is that its not for the PCC to get involved in operational policing.
>>

No, but the courts have:

www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Miller-v-College-of-Policing-judgment-201221.pdf
 Posting picture of a flag arrestable offence - Manatee
>>In court I would argue that the swastika is a Hindu & Buddist symbol of peace and good will.

Well, you would but you know that Lawrence Fox was not exuding good will. evoking Nazism was clearly intended (because that is what the man on the Clapham omnibus would infer) and to link it to gender/orientation is just nasty.
 Posting picture of a flag arrestable offence - Zero

>> I'm with Voltaire on this. I don't agree with his words but I do believe
>> in his right to say them.

Nah, there are loads of things you don't have the right to say.
>>
>> Nah, there are loads of things you don't have the right to say.
>>

But suggesting some groups are going too far (with the possibility of becoming oppressive themselves by stifling debate) and by comparing them to other organisations that did the same, should never be a crime.

Not wanting to get in to the pros and cons of shades of grey genders, but some rainbow groups are calling for the arrest of people for getting pronouns wrong - if that isn't oppressive, I don't know what isn't.
 Posting picture of a flag arrestable offence - Kevin
Pretty ironic for Hampshire plod to make an arrest for 'malicious communications' when they've recently been hauled over the coals for deliberately ignoring complaints from staff of racist and homophobic abuse in Basingstoke CID and uniformed cops in Southampton demanding sexual favours from victims and sexually harassing young WPCs.
 Posting picture of a flag arrestable offence - Zero
Basingstoke has a CID? whoda..........
 Posting picture of a flag arrestable offence - Robin O'Reliant
>> Basingstoke has a CID? whoda..........
>>

You never heard of the Sweedy?
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Sat 30 Jul 22 at 21:44
 Posting picture of a flag arrestable offence - Kevin
>Basingstoke has a CID? whoda..........

Crime Centre of Hampshire don'tcha know.

On this occassion Mr Fox accompanied his two criminal accomplices to Basingstoke Investigation Centre.
>> >Basingstoke has a CID? whoda..........
>>
>> Crime Centre of Hampshire don'tcha know.
>>
>> On this occassion Mr Fox accompanied his two criminal accomplices to Basingstoke Investigation Centre.
>>

alleged criminal accomplices...
Latest Forum Posts