Non-motoring > OK, So It's Not a Baker Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 4

OK, So It's Not a Baker - zippy
A wallpaper shop stood empty for some time on a corner location of a "seen better days" area of town.

Recently we drove past on the way to the park and noticed a new smart exterior, counter and shelves being installed.

The shop is named similar to "Baked Goodies".

All of us in the car commented how good a baker would be for the area.

Oh how wrong we were - it's a seller of legal CBD - cannabis based products, vapes and American sweets. It employs 3 people.

The local community group are up in arms and have allegedly instructed their under legal responsibility aged kids to vandalise the shop. The shop's windows have been smashed half a dozen times within a few months and the owners are now suggesting that they will close up.

I am of the mind that if the community group wanted to control what type of shop used that location, then they should have purchased the lease themselves and set up the shop that they wanted.
 OK, So It's Not a Baker - Zero
>> A wallpaper shop stood empty for some time on a corner location of a "seen
>> better days" area of town.

>> The local community group are up in arms and have allegedly instructed their under legal
>> responsibility aged kids to vandalise the shop. The shop's windows have been smashed half a
>> dozen times within a few months and the owners are now suggesting that they will
>> close up.

One realises no why its a "seen better days" corner of town. Probably think its a rival to their own dealing gangs.
 OK, So It's Not a Baker - tyrednemotional
...maybe they should just Chill...
 OK, So It's Not a Baker - zippy
>> ...maybe they should just Chill...
>>

lol
 OK, So It's Not a Baker - Terry
Many town centres are becoming urban blight - online shopping, out of town retail etc has just about killed them.

What I want is a vibrant, socially active urban hub - full of quality restaurants, diverse bistros, delicatessens, sophisticated entertainment, fine art emporia etc.

But I recognise my view of the world being well past 60 is not entirely shared by those aged 16-60 who are the future.

We need to be tolerant and inclusive!
Latest Forum Posts