Non-motoring > Online shopping annoyance Buying / Selling
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 1

Online shopping annoyance - zippy
Why can't online shops just advertise and sell at the real price?

For example, I was looking for some t-shirts. They are £18.99 but the site advertises 30% off when you add the item to the basket then another 10% off if you add a certain code - that code is so widely publicised that I would guess it has 100% coverage. So why not just sell the T-Shirt at £11.96 rather than having shoppers search for codes?

Another one is offers that expire just before I go to buy something. On another thread there was mention of purchasing a new mower. I've been looking at a few and one shop had a 25% discount. I decide to buy it this weekend and the discount has gone. :-( I am sure the discount will be back in a few weeks - but in the meantime - they have lost a sale and I may go elsewhere for a different model because the discounted price has stuck in my mind and the non-discounted price seems steep.
 Online shopping annoyance - smokie
A) because presumably they sometimes sell some at non-discounted price so are quids in.

B) I have a mate who does exactly this. I tell him about a deal for something he needs and he dithers and ponders then tells me the link I sent is now showing full price.

It is sometimes worth deleting cookies for the site in question. I've seen it with Quidco where you go to a site and price something, then go again through Quidco to get some cashback and the price is higher.
Latest Forum Posts