Non-motoring > Frank Williams. Dad's Army - RIP Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 7

Frank Williams. Dad's Army - RIP - VxFan
Frank Williams, best known for starring in Dad’s Army as Reverend Timothy Farthing, has died at the age of 90.

metro.co.uk/2022/06/26/dads-army-star-frank-williams-dies-aged-90-16894877/

Ironic that despite being a BBC show, the BBC are about the only ones so far who haven't mentioned his death.
 Frank Williams. Dad's Army - RIP - Bromptonaut
>> Ironic that despite being a BBC show, the BBC are about the only ones so
>> far who haven't mentioned his death.

Was on the radio bulletins this morning from the 05:30 News Briefing onwards.
 Frank Williams. Dad's Army - RIP - zippy
I used to love Dads Army and enjoyed the recent film. It was good to see him reprise his role as the vicar.

BTW, my favourite episode is the one where Private Godfrey is considered to be "yellow" for being a contentious objector and is shunned by the platoon. After saving Captain Manwaring from smoke installation during a training exercise he is found to have won the Military Medal for bravery in WW1 for rescuing men under fire.
 Frank Williams. Dad's Army - RIP - Rudedog
Same here... it's the one that gets me close to tears every time I see it or hear it on R4 Extra.
 Frank Williams. Dad's Army - RIP - zippy
Just noticed the typos - "conscientious objector" and "smoke inhalation". Soz! :-D
 Frank Williams. Dad's Army - RIP - Duncan
>> Just noticed the typos - "conscientious objector" and "smoke inhalation". Soz! :-D
>>

"Mainwaring".
Daily Telegraph obituary

tinyurl.com/48fdc3a5

In the 60s when i was working in the West End, we would sometimes take lunch in a pub across the road from the office - corner of Shaftesbury Avenue and Wardour Street - one day I shared a lunch table with John le Mesurier, it was fascinating! That man stood for the three card trick when he was married to Hattie Jacques, when she wanted to move her boyfriend (her driver) in, he moved into the attic room. He was just the same in real life as he was on screen.I am sure I have told that story, haven't I?

Fast forward 50 odd years, I was on a cruise, Frank Williams was a guest speaker - he was just the same off screen as on it. In the Q & A session I made the point to Frank Williams that the actors just played themselves, he agreed.

Stupid boy Pike is the only one left, isn't he?
Missed the edit.

Yes, I referred to John le Mesurier in February 2012.

Not bad! Once every 10 years!

And ..... it's still the same story!
Last edited by: Duncan on Tue 28 Jun 22 at 07:23
Latest Forum Posts