Non-motoring > Carpet Slippers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 53

Carpet Slippers - Manatee
Anybody know where to get decent ones? My fairly recent pair of 'Dearfoams' from Costco has self-destructed. It seems to be a category of footwear that nobody makes very well.
 Carpet Slippers - CGNorwich
Get a pair of Crocs.
www.crocs.co.uk/p/classic-lined-solarized-clog/207560.html?cgid=men-footwear&cid=0C4#start=24

These are what I have. Got an unlined pair for the summer
 Carpet Slippers - Crankcase
I went through this. Had a pair for a tenner from Tesco, nice enough, lasted a year. Bought a £25 Dunlop pair online, nice enough, lasted a year. Splashed out on some fancy-shmancy pair for £50, nice enough, lasted a year.

At that point I could either keep upping the budget, and I know you can spend hundreds, and someone here will pop up in a minute and say they wouldn't dream of anything under £500, but in the end I went back to a tenner from the supermarket, and expect to replace them once a year.

I do the same with shoes, to be honest. Pay about £30-ish on Amazon for whatever lace up black shoes are cheap at the time, expect them to last about eighteen months. Then replace with the same if they still do them, or as similar as possible if not. One click, ten seconds, don't have to think about shoes again for a long time.

I have no headspace for clothes in any form. Don't care at all, never have.

Carpet Slippers - smokie
I tend to go round barefoot a lot of the time but the other week there was a pair on HotUKDeals from Debenhams down from £20 to £5.40 with free delivery, so I go them. For winter use, to replace some that are years old. Wouldn't have bothered except they were so cheap. They look good enough. They still seem to have quite a few at keen prices

www.debenhams.com/search/facet/gender/Male?text=slippers

Apply code HUKDFREEDEL0522 at checkout and you'll get free delivery (limited time only I expect)

EDIT: Also apply GRO-MAY22 which might give you an extra 10% off Debenhams brands
Last edited by: smokie on Fri 3 Jun 22 at 10:16
 Carpet Slippers - James Loveless
Thanks, Smokie.

The Free Delivery code is still working.
 Carpet Slippers - Zero
crocs. Got two pairs, home crocs and caravan crocs.
 Carpet Slippers - Runfer D'Hills
Christ on a bike. :-(
 Carpet Slippers - tyrednemotional
>> Christ on a bike. :-(
>>

....need bike crocs for that...
 Carpet Slippers - Zero
>> >> Christ on a bike. :-(
>> >>
>>
>> ....need bike crocs for that...

And holy crocs, many denomination crocs available
...cross crocs... ?
Technically have three pairs as last years summer crocs now relegated to gardening crocs after acquisition of new summer crocs. Crocs are the way forward.
Good stuff. Just splurged 8 quid at Debenhams for something hideous that will make my feet look like Frankenstein's monster, so thanks for that. 10% code has expired, and obvious "June" variants didn't work, but the free delivery did. Ta.
 Carpet Slippers - smokie
Happy to help :-)

The 10% code GRO-MAY22 seems to work for me but it's only for Debenhams branded stuff.

>>
>> The 10% code GRO-MAY22 seems to work for me but it's only for Debenhams branded
>> stuff.

I typed the code rather than pasting it. Is it GR zero, rather than the letter O I typed? Always have trouble with zero.

Ah well, that's 80p I won't be getting back. I did find 20p on the pavement yesterday though, so not all bad. And Mrs C won £25 on the premium bonds again this month too. Three pairs of slippers!
 Carpet Slippers - bathtub tom
>>Mrs C won £25 on the premium bonds this month.

Ditto me.

I've a couple of daughters and never have to buy slippers. My current pair have my toe poking out of hole, but I'm certain one of them will notice and Christmas ain't too far away...................
I have also ordered a pair of £8 Frankenstyles for the cold season.
Crocs duly bought. 40% off in the Jubbly sale. At least they should be indestructible.

www.crocs.co.uk/c/sale

It still cost me £50 'cause the boss wanted some as well, at least she went for the half price one.

Have you lot really no shame? (Or mirrors for that matter?)
:-(
 Carpet Slippers - Zero
Standards have plummeted, COVID has made us shameless, some folks I hear have even purchased Fiats
Crocs are a bit like Austin Allegros, or Fosters lager, inexplicably popular for a while despite their obvious and undisguised repulsiveness.
Perhaps you would like something at the more classy end of the range.

www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a34132350/crocs-for-men-trend/

I’d prefer not to have to think about it at all. I’m not prone to acid reflux as a rule, but the very sight of Crocs can bring it on…
Isn’t Google wonderful. Until I visited that sight I had never heard of Jibbitz. Must get some

www.crocs.co.uk/c/jibbitz-charms
 Carpet Slippers - Clk Sec
>> I’m not prone to acid reflux as a rule, but the very sight >> of Crocs can bring it on…

I'm surprised. Thought they'd have gone well with your yellow chinos...
 Carpet Slippers - Zero
>> >> I’m not prone to acid reflux as a rule, but the very sight >>
>> of Crocs can bring it on…
>>
>> I'm surprised. Thought they'd have gone well with your yellow chinos...

And red suede desert boots I seem to recall......
I do not possess yellow trousers or red boots. I do have some yellow nubuck boots though, and very stylish they are too when worn with Italian denim.
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Fri 3 Jun 22 at 15:33
 Carpet Slippers - Ted
>> Have you lot really no shame? (Or mirrors for that matter?)
>> :-(

Oh ! How I agree ! No English gentleman should wear Crocs, Gladiator or Jesus sandals, Ugg boots or Trainers, ( except when running....heaven forfend ! )

Standards should be maintained at all times, black Oxfords for the City...brown Brogues for the country., I sometimes despair of my fellow man !

Ted
>>
>>
 Carpet Slippers - Zero
>> Crocs duly bought. 40% off in the Jubbly sale. At least they should be indestructible.

Welcome to our liberated world brother
 Carpet Slippers - Bobby
I also have the crocs, the fleece lined ones.

Due to my plantar foot issues I can’t wear bog standard flat slippers so got a pair of crocs for around the house and they are ideal and comfy.

But straps behind the heel or across the top of foot???
Just no Bobby, no no no, never. Your descendants may get to see photos of you wearing them, do you really want them to be so traumatised?
 Carpet Slippers - Zero
pair of crocs for around the house and they are ideal and comfy.
>>
>> But straps behind the heel or across the top of foot???

Ah thats beauty of them, you choses your wearing method according to your style or convenience.

I have light blue and mint green ones for the caravan, and house ones are royal blue.
Thank god I didn’t read that within a hour either side of eating. :-(
 Carpet Slippers - Duncan
>> Ah thats beauty of them, you choses your wearing method according to your style or
>> convenience.
>>
>> I have light blue and mint green ones for the caravan, and house ones are
>> royal blue.

Sometimes I think my opinion of you and your taste can sink no lower.

And then....
 Carpet Slippers - Zero

>> Sometimes I think my opinion of you and your taste can sink no lower.
>>
>> And then....

They would be great for the sticky spoons carpet.
 Carpet Slippers - Rudedog
Bare foot for me all year round.... first thing I do when I get in from work... shoes and socks straight off!
 Carpet Slippers - Robin O'Reliant
The thought of walking round bare foot makes me cringe, I'd last five minutes before breaking a toe on something.
You wouldn't do it when my grandchildren are around. There are few everyday objects more painful to stand on in bare feet than a Lego brick.
There are few everyday objects more
>> painful to stand on in bare feet than a Lego brick.
>>
Not stood on a Sticklebrick then. Deadliest toy know to man. Like a plastic caltrop.
Upturned plug. Gee willickers.

Exciting update - slippers turned up today from Debenhams. Much better than I thought they'd be. Wish I'd bought about ten pairs now (I guess it's not too late) and that would probably see me out.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Sat 4 Jun 22 at 19:03
 Carpet Slippers - smokie
I saw these at half price and thought of Manatee :-)

tinyurl.com/2p8swvu9
Last edited by: smokie on Fri 10 Jun 22 at 09:40
I'll take that as a compliment.
 Carpet Slippers - Ted

My daughter bought me some mules a couple ofChrismasses ago. First step I took, I nearly fell over. I took them back to the shop on the grounds that they were dangerous.

Got the money back and bought a bottle of malt wiksey.

Ted
 Carpet Slippers - smokie
Didn't that make you fall over as much? :-)
 Carpet Slippers - neiltoo
malt wiksey.

Still working?

8o)
 Carpet Slippers - smokie
OK :-)

Later I saw this and thought of CGN and Zero - Crocs deal!!

tinyurl.com/z7xzm8de
 Carpet Slippers - Zero
Quite upset, they appear not to do the supermario crocs in my size. I think Humph is starting to admit he has lost the pulse of the fashion shoe market and is pondering buying some crocs.
I think it was the Jibbitz charms that changed his mind.
>> I think it was the Jibbitz charms

I can see Jibbitzed Crocs taking over from tasselled loafers. It's only a matter of time.

Christ.

Just Christ.

:-(
...each to his own, but I don't think he's available as a Jibbitz........

....would Shrek do.....?
>> ...each to his own, but I don't think he's available as a Jibbitz........
>>
Holy Crocs of course he is

tinyurl.com/5n7dvw8m
 Carpet Slippers - R.P.
My best friend has Crocs after he saw hospital staff wearing them after a biking accident in France. He now wears them as slippers. I had a humble upbringing, however my father taught me that you can judge a man (or woman) by their footwear. I own slippers but rarely if ever wear them...I have never owned Corcs and never will. I was going to post a Trigger Warning for Humph but I see I was too late.

Correction:

I owned a pair of Croc branded Moccasins - which were fine but I'm aware that Mrs RP despised me for them
Last edited by: R.P. on Sun 12 Jun 22 at 19:59
technabob.com/blog/2022/06/17/flip-flobsters-lobster-filp-flops/

Flip flobsters are the latest in designer footwear. Nice for the office.
Latest Forum Posts