Non-motoring > Safe and responsible shredding Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 7

Safe and responsible shredding - Crankcase
Bored with health and safety? Tired of environmental concerns? Don't want to depollute your recycling?

Move to China, where you can Chuck Anything You Like into a set of shredding rollers and sweep it up from the ground afterwards.

PS - don't worry about handrails, if you fall in, well, there it is.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=33NDXpz0GBI
 Safe and responsible shredding - smokie
I worked with a company who had something similar for destruction of hard disk drives from de-installed office computers. Better than any disk wiping software!!
 Safe and responsible shredding - sooty123
>> I worked with a company who had something similar for destruction of hard disk drives
>> from de-installed office computers. Better than any disk wiping software!!
>>

We've got them as well. Hard drives, mobiles etc have all gone in. Very handy.
 Safe and responsible shredding - sooty123
I was disappointed not see one of these shredding machines being chucked into an even bigger shredding machine.
 Safe and responsible shredding - zippy
A very decent guy that I know (salt of the earth type), worked as a mechanic / diesel fitter for a local scrap merchants for years (from leaving college I recall and he's in his early 60's now).

He walked out about 15 years ago when the owner's grown up children took over the business and over the course of a few months made it a very unsafe place to work by removing safety interlocks etc. from the car crushers etc, had unlicensed people driving fork-lifts and removing guards from machinery (including limb detectors on guillotines).

He did advise the HSE at the time.

This made it possible for running repairs to be made to machines whilst they were still running.

Shortly after he left a worker lost both legs by getting in to the works of a car crusher whilst it was still switched on to fix a problem. The company was fined £60k. No jail time.

At the time the company made £1.3m net profit.
Last edited by: zippy on Tue 31 May 22 at 18:35
 Safe and responsible shredding - bathtub tom
Some years ago, I had to stop my (adult) son-in-law from attempting to poke his fingers into my paper shredder!
 Safe and responsible shredding - Zero
While fixing a copier in my youth, I had a shredder climb up my jacket heading for my armpits. I happened to lean over it and it started munching my Burtons single breasted two button tulip collared double vented
whistle.
 Safe and responsible shredding - Zero
>> Bored with health and safety? Tired of environmental concerns? Don't want to depollute your recycling?
>>
>> Move to China, where you can Chuck Anything You Like into a set of shredding
>> rollers and sweep it up from the ground afterwards.

Seen loads of those vids, there is one floating around somewhere of charged Li on batteries being thrown in and full gas cylinders. (tho not at the same time, mores the pity, spectacular enough tho)

Latest Forum Posts