Non-motoring > Click-n-collect Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 6

Click-n-collect - bathtub tom
Been doing this now for a couple of years, it seems. Bonus today (I think). SWMBO had ordered an 800g pork joint - they replaced it with a 1600g one. There's only the two of us.

Should I send out invites for Sunday dinner?
 Click-n-collect - smokie
I'm more of a Home Delivery man than Click 'n' Collect but we've had some great substitutions too over the years.

I remember one of our earliest deliveries was maybe 10 minutes late and the driver knocked off the two bottle of Prosecco as recompense, completely without us saying anything!! We didn't invite anyone round to share :-)
 Click-n-collect - Robin O'Reliant
Some fifteen years back the doorbell rang and when I got out the front a guy was unloading a 300cc Kawasaki Vulcan from the back of a van. He handed me the paperwork for a signature and started the engine to show all was working.

It broke my heart to have to tell him he'd come to the wrong address.
 Click-n-collect - R.P.
Used C&C a few times over the last couple of years as we have home delivery. Morrisons is reasonably reliable at this. When we both had Covid last month, we did a C&C and a family member collected for us !
 Click-n-collect - Manatee
We once ordered some leeks by weight. We ordered a Kg. we got a single, giant, leek weighing about 1200g.
 Click-n-collect - Ted

I like C&C. There is a massive Tesco a mile and a half away, just near Old Trafford, the theatre of doom. We book a slot for the following day and I go whilst Mrs T sorts the fridge out. Another reason for going alone is that I can bag up the unauthorised goodies from bakery and chocolate , ordered after she has finished the list and left me to do the paying bits.

I open the back door of the RAV and sit down on the cill to bag up the provender, making it easier for my old bones. The illegal goodies can be left in the car and transferred to the man cave later.

I despise actually going in and having to walk round the place.....apart from the mushy tomatoes on fried bread in the cafe !

Ted
 Click-n-collect - smokie
"l...Another reason for going alone is that I can bag up the unauthorised goodies from bakery and chocolate...

"...The illegal goodies can be left in the car and transferred to the man cave later."

I love that idea... but I wouldn't get away with it!! :-)
Last edited by: smokie on Mon 25 Apr 22 at 17:25
Latest Forum Posts