Non-motoring > And so the streak of luck continues... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 11

And so the streak of luck continues... - zippy
Last night I set of to bed at 2AM and found Mrs Z unconscious on the bedroom floor.

Called an ambulance that took 1h 30m to arrive.

I did try and get her in to the car to drive her to hospital myself but couldn't move her as she was totally floppy.

Luckily she came around and was taken to hospital for a check up. MRI, CAT scans, ECG and bloods show no major issues (thank goodness) and it looks like her blood pressure dropped through the floor causing the collapse.

She is on blood pressure tablet for high blood pressure and the consensus, including from Miss Z is that the dose is too high for her petite frame.

I have just collected her from hospital and put her to bed.

One thing is for sure - you certainly realise how much you care for someone in situations like these!

And so the streak of luck continues... - Fullchat
Best wishes to Mrs Z. Hopefully a re-assessment of her medication will sort matters out.
 And so the streak of luck continues... - Robin O'Reliant
That must have been frightening zippy, I'm glad she is recovering and wish her a speedy return to normal.
 And so the streak of luck continues... - Bobby
Jeez that must have been scary Z.
And compounded by delay for ambulance. The things you take for granted until you suddenly need them.
On a positive note, after all those tests, she is now statistically in a better position than the rest of us who haven’t had those check ups and may have hidden issues we are unaware of.

Take care of her. And yourself.
 And so the streak of luck continues... - legacylad
Must have been a scary moment...glad she’s ok.

Lesson learnt I hope....avoid lock ins at your local boozer. Make sure you get home in time for MOTD tonight.
 And so the streak of luck continues... - Zero
Its a lucky day, this happened 350 yards away from my sons place

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-60967351

He was in too.
>> Its a lucky day, this happened 350 yards away from my sons place
>>
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-60967351
>>
>> He was in too.
>>

Glad he (and all others) is ok.

There is a Robin Williams film, "The World According to Garp" where the main characters are looking to buy a house and a plane crashes in to it as they are looking at it.

RW's character says "We'll take the house. Honey, the chances of another plane hitting this house are astronomical. It's been pre-disastered. We're going to be safe here."

And so the streak of luck continues... - Manatee
>>There is a Robin Williams film, "The World According to Garp" where the main characters are looking to buy a house and a plane crashes in to it as they are looking at it.

Anyone frightened of bombs on aeroplanes should smuggle one on board themselves. What are the chances of there being two bombs on a plane?

Glad you're through it. Must have given you a shocking fright. Keep a careful eye - sounds a bit glib to say it's the BP medicine if it hasn't happened before.
 And so the streak of luck continues... - BiggerBadderDave
"Honey, the chances of another plane hitting this house are astronomical."

It's not unknown for a plane to hit the building next door, too.
>> Must have been a scary moment...glad she’s ok.
>>
>> Lesson learnt I hope....avoid lock ins at your local boozer. Make sure you get home
>> in time for MOTD tonight.
>>

LOL - there was supposed to be a meal out tonight but that's on hold for a little while not. Last night was tea and coffee only,
 And so the streak of luck continues... - legacylad
Yorkshire Tea I hope.
:-)
Miss Z reviewed the MRI report (not the actual scan) and reports that it was examined outside of the UK by a subcontractor as it was needed urgently and there was not availability here.
Latest Forum Posts