Non-motoring > Dyson Zone Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 33

Dyson Zone - zippy
www.dyson.co.uk/wearables/dyson-zone-air-purifying-headphones/announcement

At £1k this has got to be Dyson’s C5 moment. :-)

Me thinks you’d be a fool to buy these.
 Dyson Zone - Zero
Along with the 400 quid hairdryer, and the 450 quid styling tongs.

God I hate Dyson.
 Dyson Zone - Clk Sec
>> Along with the 400 quid hairdryer, and the 450 quid styling tongs.
>>
>> God I hate Dyson.

You're not the only one.

That wretched vacuum cleaner that we bought a few years ago that I consigned to the bin - even though it was still under guarantee.

Grr...
 Dyson Zone - CGNorwich
Thier hand dryers are good though. Great bit of design
 Dyson Zone - Zero
>> Thier hand dryers are good though. Great bit of design

Yeah great for spreading disease round the gents in a microspray.
 Dyson Zone - CGNorwich
Debateable. Doesn't seem to be firm evidence either way. Presumably if you have washed your hands properly there should be nothing to spray around

As an efficient dryer though they are unbeatable and a great design.

Dyson Zone - Zero
>> Debateable. Doesn't seem to be firm evidence either way. Presumably if you have washed your
>> hands properly there should be nothing to spray around
>>
>> As an efficient dryer though they are unbeatable and a great design.

Rubbish, and here is a recent true life example in the gents i was in today.

A Dyson on the wall next to a Hurricane, Both had vortex outlets, there was a pool of water on the floor under the Dyson, the hurricane had a well at the base with a drain hole. Dry under that.

How many people can you say actually wash their hands properly.
 Dyson Zone - Rudedog
Yep, the main reason we've never had hand dryers in theatres as it spreads the water particles around the room, still use good old paper towel and a bin!
 Dyson Zone - sherlock47

At £1k this has got to be Dyson's C5 moment. :-)

Me thinks you'd be a fool to buy these.

Along with most of his other overpriced products.

IIRC, somebody on this site, who was a committed user, said how wonderful the Dyson products were, because you could always buy spare parts for them!
 Dyson Zone - zippy
As I said, you’d be a fool to buy these.

The market isn’t ready for such an expensive and strange product but wait a few days and the market may change.
 Dyson Zone - Rudedog
Only two days early and they could be out on April the 1st!

I don't think even a mugger would bother nicking these.

Dyson Zone - James Loveless
I got thoroughly peed off with an upright "bagless" Dyson a few years back. Spent hours every few weeks washing filters, disentangling rotating brushes etc.

Got rid and bought a Henry (actually a Harry), which does what a vacuum cleaner should and needs a new bag pretty seldom.
Last edited by: James Loveless on Wed 30 Mar 22 at 13:05
 Dyson Zone - MD
I thought that all vacuum cleaners had a bag?
 Dyson Zone - Lygonos
Our GTech rechargable doesn't though it's wee bin needs emptied fairly frequently.

www.gtech.co.uk/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/uprights/airram-mk2.html
 Dyson Zone - MD
Think about it :-)
 Dyson Zone - Dog
I feel [for] your wife, MD.
 Dyson Zone - smokie
Expect a slap from someone.
 Dyson Zone - VxFan
Sainsbury's got into trouble a few years ago by telling people to "take an old bag shopping"

They hoped its specially-designed fridge magnets and car stickers would remind people about the importance of recycling.

www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/sainsburys-denies-old-bag-campaign-1469537
 Dyson Zone - MD
She's just out of cancer surgery Old Hand. Hopefully fine. She gets the humour. We've muddled along fine for 42 years. I'm here doing my chores. x
 Dyson Zone - Dog
Very best wishes to the ole woman, MD. Only 42 years, ewe have another 10 years to go to catch us and Ted up!
 Dyson Zone - Duncan
>> Very best wishes to the ole woman, MD. Only 42 years, ewe have another 10
>> years to go to catch us and Ted up!

And a bit more to catch me and her!
 Dyson Zone - Ted
>> Very best wishes to the ole woman, MD. Only 42 years, ewe have another 10
>> years to go to catch us and Ted up!
>>

Yeah, best wishes to you both. 53 happy years in July for the Tyrant Queen and me. 52 for her and 1 for me !

Ted
 Dyson Zone - Dog
Even Harry Roberts only did 47 years!
 Dyson Zone - bathtub tom
My money's on it being an April fool that's slipped out early.
 Dyson Zone - Manatee
Dyson is not on my list of approved suppliers.

Although you have to admire the bloke. Vacuum cleaners were about £60 and through innovative marketing he got people to thinking they should cost £300. What makes them cost £300 is presumably the marketing.

They clearly fail the human factors test. The charity shop at the local tip "refurbishes" nearly all the Dyson vacs that end up there. Most just need unblocking.
 Dyson Zone - MD
They are an over engineered POS. Her indoors loves or loved them. However I have my own favourite. He sits quietly in the van just staring at whatever until called upon to perform his tasks. He is old. He grates and wheezes. He is noisy and his bearings are failing, but he keeps plodding on. He was £80.00 quid ish fifteen plus years ago. Oh! and I love him :-)
 Dyson Zone - martin aston
We had an upright one years ago. Bits kept breaking an we binned it.
I do think Dyson were very clever to market their early vacuums as pieces of engineering. Before that those of us with a mechanical bent probably gave them little thought and would never have paid the premium prices.
I have one of his battery operated stick-type machines bought cheap-ish as an end of life model. It’s pretty good for the car although it’s battery life is poor. It’s much improved in later models but at an eye-watering price.
As for the Zone, he would have cleaned up had it been ready two years ago and been successfully tested as effective in filtering Covid.
 Dyson Zone - Dog
I buys all 'the stuff' in this owse, and have never, um, fancied a Dyson. We have Vax bagless cylinder, some funny old Karcher thing in the annexe, a rather good Cebo bagged cylinder upstairs and an old built-like-a-Merc Benz Miele 2000w jobbie downstairs.

I did replace the Miele with a new Miele pet & dog bagless, but I couldn't get on wivvit, so it went down the tip.
 Dyson Zone - Zero
The workhorse here is a Miele 1kw cat and dog cyl with bag. We do have a dyson - a V7 stick, the bristles fell out the motorised brush, and although the brush comes out the head for cleaning, dyson no longer sells just the brush, but insists you buy a whole head at £68 quid.

Its supposed to have 30 minutes run time, but has about 3 despite its much trumpeted "digital" motor. Of course there is no such thing, anything that spins is mechanical.
 Dyson Zone - smokie
Had a couple of Dysons that never really lived up to expectation (or ticket cost) so after the last ne went I got a Xioami stick cleaner for under £200 which seems just as good. Also bought a cheaper Dyson knock off for about £100 which is stored upstairs for ease of use when just a quick whip-round is needed - it does the trick but isn't great. Battery life on both seems OK.

We also have the Henry under the stairs which is probably the best but so inconvenient compared to the sticks.
 Dyson Zone - maltrap
As previously stated , the only thing Dyson are good at making, are profits.

All made abroad using cheap labour.

The best but not the most stylish are Numatics (Henry)

Simple,robust design and made in the UK.

PS don't forget to wear ear defenders when using Dysons hand dryers !
Last edited by: maltrap on Thu 31 Mar 22 at 10:26
 Dyson Zone - Bromptonaut
We have a fairly early upright Dyson, a DC03 that was originally my Mother's.

She asked me to dispose of it about ten years ago as it was beggared and my sister's husband had not been able to sort it. On dismantling it became clear that part of the dust path was obstructed and, with the fluff etc removed, it sucked well. Did a better job than the Electrolux we had at the time and was about half the weight.

Still in use now for the carpeted upstairs. There's a Bosch cylinder job for the laminate downstairs.
 Dyson Zone - CGNorwich
The motors are actually made in China
 Dyson Zone - zippy
Seems that I was wrong?

the-gadgeteer.com/2022/03/30/this-new-dyson-product-is-not-an-april-fools-day-joke/
Latest Forum Posts