Non-motoring > Songs that Wouldn't Do Now Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 4

Songs that Wouldn't Do Now - Bromptonaut
Friend at work is having a bit of a 'mare and may need to rely on their membership of a Union.

Which reminded me of the Strawbs:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxNMgoiNLFs

A good ditty and reflective of it's time.

The mainstays of The Strawbs were Richard Hudson and John Ford who c1979 performed as The Monks:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf44LWY7cdQ

Of its time too. Not sure it would get played today.
 Songs that Wouldn't Do Now - martin aston
I saw The Strawbs live in the early 70’s, probably in Edinburgh. They were brilliant.
They weren’t really a chart group, Part of the Union being an exception. I always took it to be an anti-union satire on the power of unions.
Anyway their Grave New World was one of my favourite albums as a student. Its 50 years old now……..ruddy hell.
 Songs that Wouldn't Do Now - Bromptonaut
>> Anyway their Grave New World was one of my favourite albums as a student. Its
>> 50 years old now……..ruddy hell.

I've got the first Hudson Ford Album - Nickelodeon 73? - some good tracks.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Fri 4 Mar 22 at 17:32
 Songs that Wouldn't Do Now - Zero
Still got my 1968 Mowtown Chartbuster vol 2 vynl in the loft, along with 1975 supertramp "crime of the century"

Thats Eclectic for you
 Songs that Wouldn't Do Now - legacylad
Me too. vol 2 silvery cover.

I used to occasionally have a drink in my local with John Helliwell who played sax in Supertramp. He lived half a mile up the road. Put on local concerts, which sold out by word of mouth, in Settle’s Victoria Hall with session musician friends…called themselves ‘Crème Anglais ‘. Flipping good musicians, and there were always a few Supertramp numbers in their repertoire.
A great night out.

Z. Pedant will be along soon…
Last edited by: legacylad on Fri 4 Mar 22 at 21:07
Latest Forum Posts