Non-motoring > Gavin Williamson gets knighthood Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 12

Gavin Williamson gets knighthood - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60609646
Last edited by: smokie on Thu 3 Mar 22 at 17:40
 Gavin Williamson gets knighthood - Zero
WTF!
 Gavin Williamson gets knighthood - Manatee
Reward for failure. Fired from defence, fired from education.

I have often wondered why anybody think it's possible to be adequately qualified for such disparate jobs when ministers get moved around.
 Gavin Williamson gets knighthood - Bobby
All the talk is he knows too much thus gets this reward for his silence. Every day this corrupt of corrupt governments gets even more corrupt.
 Gavin Williamson gets knighthood - John Boy
When I first saw him speaking on TV he seemed to suddenly change tack as if he was talking to a completely different audience. Very strange. I think my mother would have said "He's not quite right."
 Gavin Williamson gets knighthood - Manatee
>>my mother would have said "He's not quite right."

This is the bloke who had his picture taken with his red book and his whip. Cringeworthy.

www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/18/exams-gavin-williamson-and-the-lash-whip-photo-causes-twitter-intrigue

Good to know they still have time to keep him quiet with a knighthood in the middle of the biggest crisis for decades.
 Gavin Williamson gets knighthood - Bromptonaut
From Twitter:

Have you donated money to the Conservative Party but not yet received a knighthood? If so, you may be entitled to compensation
>> When I first saw him speaking on TV he seemed to suddenly change tack as
>> if he was talking to a completely different audience. Very strange. I think my mother
>> would have said "He's not quite right."

He'd tried to lose his Yorkshire accent but couldn't quite manage it and the one word in every other sentence would have northern vowels.
 Gavin Williamson gets knighthood - sooty123
I think he sounded quite odd, i think he was from Bradford? He'd have been better off sticking with his normal voice.

Was that report into the leak that got him the sack ever released i wonder?
>> I think he sounded quite odd, i think he was from Bradford? He'd have been
>> better off sticking with his normal voice.

Born and schooled in Scarborough but went to Bradford University.
 Gavin Williamson gets knighthood - tyrednemotional
...well, you have to cut him a bit of slack; no way is that a good start in life ...
 Gavin Williamson gets knighthood - John Boy
I spotted the odd bit of Northern accent, but that's not what I meant. Several times I saw him suddenly change his delivery as if a different audience had appeared. On one occasion he seemed to diverge inappropriately into a party political speech.
 Gavin Williamson gets knighthood - Boxsterboy
This, 100%.

I was talking to a political correspondent recently, formerly of The Independent and Newsnight, who was recently asked to investigate BJ, to prepare a piece to be put out when he goes. The rumours were that he has 7 children. Their investigations suggested 12. Hence, BJ wouldn't be too sad to go - at least he could then earn some decent money to support his brood and their mothers (whose silence can't come cheap!)
Latest Forum Posts