Non-motoring > Had your pancakes yet? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 16

Had your pancakes yet? - Manatee
Had mine as usual accessorised with Henderson's. My wife agrees I'm still a world class to**er.
 Had your pancakes yet? - CGNorwich
What is Henderson’s?
www.hendersonsrelish.com/
 Had your pancakes yet? - Lygonos

Ingredients: Water, Spirit Vinegar, Sugar, Colour - Caramel E150c, Sugar Syrup, Salt, Tamarinds, Acetic Acid - Acid, Cayenne Pepper, Cloves, Sweetener - Saccharin, Garlic Oil
 Had your pancakes yet? - Runfer D'Hills
I bought some Henderson’s when there was a Lea and Perrins shortage.
It was a bit like being given a Marina when you really wanted a Cortina.
 Had your pancakes yet? - Duncan
Pancakes, plural, consumed. With golden syrup. Thank you.

Well, it's Shrove Tuesday, why wouldn't you?
You're not supposed to read that, that's why the ingredients are always in small print.

That said I learnt French from HP Sauce bottles. "Cette sauce de haute qualité est un mélange de fruits orientaux, d’épices et de vinaigre. Elle est absolument pur et ne contient aucune matiere colouratif ni preservatif."

Had your pancakes yet? - Zero
Home made, maple syrup & ice cream, multiple of consumed
Never heard of it. Is it some sort of Northern thing?
 Had your pancakes yet? - sooty123

>> Never heard of it. Is it some sort of Northern thing?
>>

I think it's a safe assumption if you click on the link
Ah,

Doesn’t seem to have have reached the East Anglian flatlands. Seems a curious thing to put on pancakes. A little lemon juice and some sugar usually suffices for me.
>> Never heard of it. Is it some sort of Northern thing?

Sheffield.

I do like Lea and Perrins as well, but the latest bottle is like dishwater. I assume something went wrong, rather than them changing the recipe.

Hendersons and L&P ingredients are actually fairly similar, except for the anchovies. Hendo's is vegan!
 Had your pancakes yet? - smokie
My daughter has a fish allergy so can; tuse L&P. We sent ages trying to get her some Henderson's, eventually found it during a trip to Blackpool late last year so she got three bottles for Christmas :-)
Sainsburys in Hemel Hempstead sells it. I don't know whether they stock it generally.

Prior to Covid, I kept the village shop supplied, picking up 2 or 3 cases from the source in Sheffield when I was passing through on trips to Yorkhire.
 Had your pancakes yet? - Duncan
thumbsnap.com/E9uZMM7p?src=tsd
 Had your pancakes yet? - slowdown avenue
made with caramelised banana. plate licking good
 Had your pancakes yet? - henry k
Try some of these?
www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zffv3j6#xtor=CS8-1000-[Discovery_Cards]-[Multi_Site]-[GR07]-[PS_BITESIZE~N~~P_PancakeDayArticle]
Latest Forum Posts