Non-motoring > Mould inhibition and treatment Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 2

Mould inhibition and treatment - Ambo
From their experience, can posters recommend branded products for dealing with mould on a bathroom ceiling corner (although none there at present), hollows in double glazing pillars and on a carpet at the foot of a double glazed French door please?

None should stain or bleach and aerosols preferred. I am aware of the HG products but have never tried any of them. I am also aware that improved ventilation is needed but have already done as much as I can to achieve it.
 Mould inhibition and treatment - bathtub tom
I get mould on my bath/shower room ceiling, despite an extractor fan. I use Dettol mould and mildew remover (trigger spray), although it does smell like bleach. Probably a couple of times a year in the colder months. I don't know if it's suitable for other materials, but it does the job on a white ceiling. I also re-paint every few years with a mould-resistant kitchen and bathroom paint.
 Mould inhibition and treatment - Fullchat
The HG mould removal product is excellent and also has a very strong 'bleachy' smell.

I also found that specific anti-mould bathroom paint discouraged mould growth.

Can be a real struggle with good ventilation and thermal breaching giving cold spots where mould can develop.
Latest Forum Posts