Non-motoring > Flight info Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 16

Flight info - legacylad
I’m due to fly 17/02 ex LBA @ 10:50, LS271.

Just curious as whether the aircraft will be on the apron overnight and ready to go, or if it will have had a prior flight that day.

LBA is notorious for diversions on inbound...friends have been coached from Manchester, Liverpool and East Midlands. Winds up to 50 are forecast, the runway is wrongly orientated, and I’m not hopeful of sitting outside a bar in the sun later that day !
 Flight info - Bromptonaut
I am (like you) an ex LBA/Yeadon plane watcher.

FR 24 suggests that LS271 to Alicante is normally operated by an a/c that's night stopped at LBA after operating to (eg) Geneva or Malaga the previous day.
 Flight info - legacylad
Many thanks
At least I now know the aircraft will be there, not doing circuits overhead before being diverted.
 Flight info - Kevin
If the weather's bad there's no guarantee it'll be able to land at LBA the previous evening. Best check arrivals info before you hit the sack.

Current forecast is for windspeeds of around 12m/s (25 to 30mph) from morning of 16th until midday on 17th. Gusts could be 40mph+. Pretty heavy rainfall on Wed afternoon as well.
>> If the weather's bad there's no guarantee it'll be able to land at LBA the
>> previous evening. Best check arrivals info before you hit the sack.
>>
>> Current forecast is for windspeeds of around 12m/s (25 to 30mph) from morning of 16th
>> until midday on 17th. Gusts could be 40mph+. Pretty heavy rainfall on Wed afternoon as
>> well.

That's fairly average LBA weather. It's on a plateau at around 200meters and the SE/NW runway is rarely into wind!!

As it's Jet2's main base and we're still some distance from peak ops they'll probably be able to re-jig even if the aircraft's ended up at Manchester or East Mids.
 Flight info - PeterS
Landed at LGW a few hours ago after a lightly choppy flight from Palma. Strong headwind according to the pilot, but we still landed 15 minutes early :)
 Flight info - legacylad
Doesn’t help that several friends are enjoying unseasonably hot sunny weather on the northern Costa Blanca. Rather than cycling in the mountains, as you normally do in February, they’re on the coast messing about on paddle boards & kayaks.

Sod’s law its cooling down next week
Bit blowy up there right now. One Ryanair gone to Liverpool and Belfast looks as if it's returning to base.
 Flight info - Kevin
As forecast. Current gusts at 40mph.
 Flight info - legacylad
And both BA & Aer Lingus now gone to Belfast.
Coach journey there to pick up the flight could be interesting
>> And both BA & Aer Lingus now gone to Belfast.

Belfast is one flight - EI/BA codeshare operated by BA's CityFlyer subsidiary. Interesting to see if they try again later or tomorrow or just consolidate.

KLM from Amsterdam's gone to Teesside.
 Flight info - legacylad
And Jet2 from TFS gone to Birmingham ( hope that’s not our plane).

How come a small Eastern airways plane lands 25 minutes early, but a big jet has to divert ?
>> How come a small Eastern airways plane lands 25 minutes early, but a big jet
>> has to divert ?

Maybe luck with the gusts or that the Jetstream's a utility design that handles this stuff more easily.

RYR from Dublin looks as though he's gone to Liverpool.

Enough 737-800 machines on the ground @ LBA for tomorrow's early rotations.
 Flight info - legacylad
My 10:50 departure ain’t early. They’ll all have been used up by then !

Specifically chose that departure time as I’m too old to get up in the middle of the night for early AM departures.....the earliest I like to fly is 9AM, and even then I stay in the Travelodge a ten minute walk from the terminal.

I’m a miserable old get
Looks as though LL should be OK; the early morning flights to the Canaries etc all going on time.

There was a very early unscheduled Jet2 arrival from Newcastle. That though was not anything connected to yesterday but a flight to Reykyavik operating with a split load.
 Flight info - legacylad
Full flight. Arrived early at ALC, collected my pals elderly Megane from Victoria Parking.....long delay on AP7 after multiple prang, but on our villa’s sunny terrace drinking beer at 18:00 before meeting friends for a curry.
Still sat outside drinking alcohol at 22:50
Happy daze
 Flight info - Fullchat
Enjoy. :)
Latest Forum Posts