Non-motoring > Omicron Variant Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 5

Omicron Variant - Ambo
Omicron Variant
I got the following message today on my non-smart mobile phone. I can’t think how NHS got the number as I only use it for such as calling taxis and in fact I only checked it today to see the charge state, the previous check having been about a month ago. “Someone” would have been our daughter and her husband but I wonder how NHS made the connection - not from them.

NHS: You’ve been near someone with the Omicron Variant. Apply for a Test Kit today:

urgent-test-kit.com (hotlink removed. Copy/paste it into your own web browser at your own peril. You've been warned)

Maybe a scam, although I don’t have the NHS Covid App?
I suppose it could be part of a random trawl but if any poster has received a genuine one of these could they kindly say if, having got their kit, it included a questionnaire? I don’t want to get into complications over revealing that I have suffered Covid/Omicron symptoms for years before Covid ever appeared. These arise no doubt from COPD, irregular heartbeat and other very long-standing maladies.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 14 Feb 22 at 19:47
 Omicron Variant - Crankcase
That website is a scam.
 Omicron Variant - Ambo
Thanks, that's a relief.
 Omicron Variant - James Loveless
On my PC, both Avast Online Security and Acronis Cyber Protect flag up the website as "unsafe" (malicious code detected) and a "malicious website".

I suggest no-one tries to click through via the link - you have been warned.
 Omicron Variant - zippy
Ambo,

I've downvoted your message only to bring the dodgy URL to the attention of the mods so that they can consider deleting it.

The downvote isn't aimed at you.
 Omicron Variant - VxFan
Thanks Zippy. I've left the link there, but stopped it being clickable.
Latest Forum Posts