Non-motoring > Home insurance claim Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 21

Home insurance claim - Crankcase
I wanted to claim with my LV home insurance for my expensive specs what I just broke.

I thought filling in their online form might be quicker than a phone queue.

This is the form.

www.lv.com/home-insurance/existing-customers/claim/claim-form

I've tried on three devices and four browsers. I can't see a way to submit the darned thing!

Does everyone else get some sort of submit button and it's just me, or have LV got an issue? Their online account thing also won't show me my policy or any other documents either, just spinning hearts forever.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Mon 31 Jan 22 at 07:08
 Home insurance claim - Duncan
Big blue "Submit" button at the bottom. What's the problem?
Damn. No submit button shown here, no idea why.

Thanks for pointing me at what to look at though. It's me then, but no idea what might the cause.
a. They don't want you to claim.
b. They don't want you back again.

Can't think why? You're not Welsh, are you?

May I recommend Poundland for glasses. Not sure how much they charge, but I think they are quite cheap. I bought three pairs in there last week.
Not Welsh or even Chilean, no. Can't be that.

Annoying though. I'll have to call, be told that "due to covid" they won't answer for seven hours and then cut me off after six and a half.

As to Poundland, wish I could. Many hundreds for my prescription. Many.
In the days before I had cataract surgery, I was spending a small fortune on prescription glasses. I complained to the optician about the cost. IIRC they took about £150 off the cost which brought them down to about £350, I think. The optician didn't seem to understand when I said - no, that is just too much money for a pair of glasses.

The stall at Kempton Thursday Market would make the same thing for a fraction of the cost.
Well, thanks to you, Duncan, I was able to track down the cause of the problem (and nobody else will have it so I won't bother to explain in detail), and finally got a blue submit button. So have submitted. It was an over zealous security policy higher up my network chain.

My specs are routinely about £700 ish. This time I found a local place that seems to make the right noises, so after a couple of visits and a good old web research, I've plumped for them. £440, which is more palatable, so have to see in a couple of weeks. Or not, as the case may be.

If LV pay up, I have a £100 excess so that will be even more palatable, until the premium goes up by £400 next time.

I can only say that you must have some special minces, Cranky and I don't envy you.
 Home insurance claim - tyrednemotional
framemark.vam.ac.uk/collections/2017KD4058/full/735,/0/default.jpg

;-)
Fastest loop close ever. Submitted claim to LV this morning online, they rang at lunchtime and said "you want it in your bank now, or shall we send a cheque tonight?"

No receipts or other docs required, just my online claim.
>> Fastest loop close ever. Submitted claim to LV this morning online, they rang at lunchtime
>> and said "you want it in your bank now, or shall we send a cheque
>> tonight?"
>>
>> No receipts or other docs required, just my online claim.
>>

Have you got my bank details to do the transfer? I prefer that to a cheque.
 Home insurance claim - Zero

>> Have you got my bank details to do the transfer? I prefer that to a
>> cheque.

Does not apply to dubious LBC listeners, its the full claim investigation for you my son.
 Home insurance claim - CGNorwich
Yes expensive for specs but pale into insignificance compared to price of hearing aids. I lost one of mine last month - £950 to replace the one and that was Specsavers.

Forgot to add them to my insurance when I changed Insurers last year :-(

Last edited by: CGNorwich on Mon 31 Jan 22 at 15:51
 Home insurance claim - smokie
Is that for an NHS hearing aid??
 Home insurance claim - Zero
What?
 Home insurance claim - Robin O'Reliant
>> What?
>>
>>
He said "Do you take sugar?"
 Home insurance claim - smokie
 Home insurance claim - neiltoo
What do we want?
Hearing aids
When do we want them?
Hearing aids
I'm not quite as bad as that but it is difficult at times. I volunteer for a charity and hard to to understand people when serving at the till and you are both wearing masks and I am behind a perspex screen especially if they have heavy accents.

A neighbour of ours is deaf and teaches deaf children. Reliant on lip reading it has been a particularly difficult time for her.

Home insurance claim - Robin O'Reliant
When I did deliveries I knew it was going to be a difficult one when I could clearly hear the TV blaring as I opened the front gate. Five minutes would be spent leaning on the doorbell, hammering the knocker and rapping my knuckles on the window before the old dear twigged there was someone at the door. The response was nearly always "I knew I could hear something, but I thought it was on the telly".
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Mon 31 Jan 22 at 19:12
Whereas most people with defective vision will visit an optician a large proportion of those with hearing loss never visit their doctor or audiologist. Strangely there is still a perceived social stigma in wearing a hearing aid whereas glasses are totally accepeted. Anyone over 60 should probably have their hearing tested. Age related hearing loss creeps up on you.
It isn't just the short term memory loss that bothers me.

Another thing that bothers me is my short term memory loss.
Latest Forum Posts