Non-motoring > Model railways. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 8

Model railways. - Zero
Generally, I find model railways boring & ridiculously un-involving, and never in the least bit realistic despite the claims and efforts of those who model them.

Except.

The Heaton Lodge Model railway. Nay model railway is not the right term, miniature recreation in minute detail. A capture in time.

The frost detail, the blown vegetation, the broken trackside signal furniture, the vehicles, the fencing, the people - the track worker in dirty hi viz knealing by a trackside cabinet. The air of 1980s lack of investment, I could go on...... Its almost an art form.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFhRcHBs4sc
 Model railways. - tyrednemotional
...you just like it because you "feature".... ;-)

youtu.be/zFhRcHBs4sc?t=1069
 Model railways. - Crankcase
Now now, model railway layouts are brilliant. Channel Five certainly thought so.

Oh the realism.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T1NhoM7B5M&list=PLE9f9t0wytJSuRpgqRwVpddEOGYj6J1kB&index=2

Model railways. - Zero
And that is exactly what peeves me about model railways. Igloos next to railway lines

Complete bolo.
How else do you expect the Inuit to commute?
 Model railways. - Dog
In a Nissan ice Cube.
 Model railways. - tyrednemotional
>> How else do you expect the Inuit to commute?
>>

...well, of course, how else but on't train dear.....
Thanks for the winces, you two.

Do you know, I've got to the ripe old age of 59 and only just worked out that Santa and Father Christmas are different people. Santa lives at the North Pole, and Father Christmas lives in Lapland.

My my.
 Model railways. - Runfer D'Hills
>> ...on't train dear.....

Very good !

Nearly caused a coffee/keyboard interface that !
Latest Forum Posts