Non-motoring > U bend Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 9

U bend - bathtub tom
This house I've bought had the dishwasher and washing machine wastes plumbed into stubs on the sink waste U bends. It'll be some time before we move in and as SWMBO discovered yesterday, you can't put water down the sinks without flooding the place!
Is there a simple method of temporarily plugging these stubs so the sinks can be used?
 U bend - James Loveless
Like this?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403128845763?hash=item5ddc5a05c3:g:-48AAOSwcVZhMj6f

(This assumes the stubs are push-fit. If there is a thread, there are threaded blanking caps available.)
Last edited by: James Loveless on Sun 28 Nov 21 at 09:05
 U bend - Kevin
Put your coffee cup under it.

You won't notice the difference to Gold Blend de-caf.
 U bend - Zero
>> Put your coffee cup under it.
>>
>> You won't notice the difference to Gold Blend de-caf.

ROFL, bejesus nearly made me wet myself.
 U bend - No FM2R
mind the razor blades.
 U bend - tyrednemotional
...if it's temporary, a bit of thick plastic bag held by a heavy-gauge rubber band.

(or use duct tape - it fixes anything ;-) )
 U bend - R.P.
You can get "bungs" from any plumbing place or DIY sheds.
 U bend - martin aston
You get screw-on ones that replace the narrow spigot end. They are the same standard thread as your existing fitting probably uses. They are more secure than relying on a push in plug that could come loose. Just remember where you put the removed bit for when you refit.
Last edited by: martin aston on Sun 28 Nov 21 at 11:13
 U bend - Dave_
>> ...if it's temporary, a bit of thick plastic bag held by a heavy-gauge rubber band.

Agreed, there's virtually no pressure behind a sinkful of waste water so it won't push it off. I've done this as a semi-permanent repair before :)
 U bend - bathtub tom
Thanks for the replies, washing machine spigot stop caps arrived today and fitted.
Latest Forum Posts