Non-motoring > Air Fryer Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 16

Air Fryer - No FM2R
Recently got brow-beaten into getting one of these by a fitness-freak daughter. I only bought it because it's quieter than she is.

Turns out it's b***** marvellous. Chips, obviously, but also bacon, steaks, salmon and everything else I've stuffed in it.

Like garlic bread, it's the future

[Yes, I know everybody else has had them for centuries, but they're new to me].
 Air Fryer - Manatee
I succumbed to the Costco one, about £60, not long ago.

Turns out it's an oven, in a novel format. It is quicker and more convenient than the big oven for some things, it seems quick as well. The fact that it is dry, being electric, seems to make things crisper than the gas oven too.
 Air Fryer - No FM2R
I got this one.

www.oster.cl/super-freidora-de-aire-oster-ckstafov3/p

More than double the cost of yours, which is absolutely a sign of the price of electric stuff here, not of better quality. Though I got a $40,000 discount which helped,
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 17 Nov 21 at 18:22
 Air Fryer - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> Like garlic bread, it's the future
>>
>>
>>
If that's the future, I'm outta here.
 Air Fryer - No FM2R
You know it's a Peter Kay quote, right?

Though I do love garlic bread.
 Air Fryer - smokie
One was delivered today for daughter's Xmas pressie. This one I believe. tinyurl.com/3tk4faw8

I was away with my mat at his Cornwall cottage over the weekend and he did us some chips in it, which were nice enough but not a lot better than the ones we do the same way but in the oven.

I have a proper electric fan over, and I have one of the glass halogen ovens - this kind of thing tinyurl.com/2y2jnc3k (but not that one).

I wonder if an air fryer would be better than the halogen, if so, in what way?
 Air Fryer - sooty123
We've got one, never actually used it. It's just sat there in it's box, I should make the effort to use it one day.
 Air Fryer - No FM2R
>>I wonder if an air fryer would be better than the halogen, if so, in what way?

I have no idea, beyond the fact the the air fryer keeps chips in a basket which 'tumbles' the chips as it rotates.
 Air Fryer - Manatee

>> I have no idea, beyond the fact the the air fryer keeps chips in a
>> basket which 'tumbles' the chips as it rotates.

That'll be why yours cost more. Ours is only 6 litre and doesn't tumble. It just has a pull out drawer. I jealous.

www.costco.co.uk/Appliances/Small-Kitchen-Appliances/Gourmia-57L-Digital-Air-Fryer/p/9254

I think we actually paid £50, they've gone up.
 Air Fryer - Bobby
Smokie, I have an Actifry but that Ninja your daughter is getting is supposed to be the dogs danglies!
Very bulky though I believe, need a lot of counter top for it and noisy in operation.
 Air Fryer - zippy
I have this dual draw one:

www.amazon.co.uk/Ninja-Foodi-Fryer-Dual-Zone/dp/B08CN3G4N9

And an ageing Philips one like this:

www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9220-20-Technology-Grilling/dp/B0042EU3A2

I don't know where those prices come from. I paid £69 for the Philips and £119 for the Ninja.

The Ninja allows you to set different temperatures and times for each draw and allows you to set them to finish at the same time. The draws are not dishwasher safe though.

The Philips basket is dishwasher safe.

Wouldn't live without them now.

Air Fryer - Ted

We have a Ninja, like a small Dalek sat on the worktop. I don't have a clue how to set it going.....nor do I wish to know !

Wife swears by it, I swear at it....it's a noisy thing !

Ted
 Air Fryer - No FM2R
>>it's a noisy thing !

Mine isn't. Vague sort of fan noise, but not much of that even. Having said that, it occurs to me that we don't really have doors or windows closed, or even have a full set of doors and windows, so I guess the noise wanders off anyway.

Aside from the lack of oil usage, the ability to wander off and leave it unattended is appreciated. I also really appreciate not having to dispose of frying oil.
 Air Fryer - legacylad
I’ve never heard of them.
Hair dryers yes, but not air fryers, although I’ve got a frying pan which gets a lot of use...sausages, gammon steaks, blueberry pancakes.

Kitchen stuff really is wasted on me...often when I’m hungry after a day on the hill two bowls of cornflakes and several mugs of tea is all I want.

As for all these cookery programmes...far as I’m concerned it’s in one end, out the other, and keeps you alive.
Last edited by: legacylad on Wed 17 Nov 21 at 22:45
 Air Fryer - No FM2R
>>often when I'm hungry after a day on the hill two bowls of cornflakes and several mugs of tea is all I want.

Really? I am surprised. For some reason I thought you might get through a lot of sausages, gammon steaks, and blueberry pancakes.
 Air Fryer - Dog
Air fryers will largely become redundant come 2050, when the air will be hot enough to fry us, I hear.

But I suspect most of us will have been incinerated by then anyway.
 Air Fryer - DP
We use ours lots. Great bit of kit, and I love the fact that you have no oil waste, and you simply chuck the innards in the dishwasher once it's cooled, pop it back together afterwards, and put it away. So easy.

A little tip for the chips - once you've chipped the potatoes, rinse them under cold running water to get the starch out, then soak them in a pan of cold water for a good hour before drying them off with some kitchen towel or a clean tea towel. Then pop them in the air fryer. Makes them wonderfully crispy. :)

Can also recommend chucking some of this in the fryer about half way through cooking, for good measure.

www.schwartz.co.uk/products/seasonings-and-blends/ingredient-led/chips-seasoning

Last edited by: DP on Thu 18 Nov 21 at 11:17
Latest Forum Posts