Non-motoring > Buy two get one free conundrum Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 21

Buy two get one free conundrum - R.P.
Went to a DIY shed to buy paint. Bought two tins got another "free". The conundrum is, we used one, and need to return the other two, - so what will I get back, the cost of of one or the cost of both ? Did I use the free one or one of the ones I paid for IYKWIM ?
 Buy two get one free conundrum - Zero
I would do some research first so you dont end up with three tins of paint when you only needed one.....
Hahahaha...!
 Buy two get one free conundrum - smokie
I did the exact same during lockdown, they refunded half what I paid but didn't want the two back so I freecycled them.
 Buy two get one free conundrum - Kevin
Or they take the two extra cans from you and charge you full whack for the one you used because a single can was not part of the multi-buy discount offer.
 Buy two get one free conundrum - PeterS
Pretty sure you’ll only get a refund one. If they’ve got any sense, scanning one back against the receipt would reprice the order as 2 at full price and no refund due. Scanning back the second should generate a refund of the price of one can.
 Buy two get one free conundrum - Ted

What on Earth are you buying paint for ? We have staff to do that !

Ted
We did as well Ted, but they're all overcome with emulsion !
 Buy two get one free conundrum - VxFan
I'll think we'll just brush over that comment.
 Buy two get one free conundrum - Dog
You mean gloss, Shirley.
 Buy two get one free conundrum - tyrednemotional
I think each of you should get your coat....
 Buy two get one free conundrum - Zero
>> I think each of you should get your undercoat....

There fixed it for you
 Buy two get one free conundrum - Robin O'Reliant
These silly pun threads make me bristle.
 Buy two get one free conundrum - Clk Sec
I just roller over with laughter.
...eggshellent....
>> These silly pun threads make me bristle.
>>

...careful; you might have a stroke...
 Buy two get one free conundrum - VxFan
>> You mean gloss, Shirley.

I guess I blue it with my earlier comment.
Conundrum solved. Went to B&Q to buy some othe rbits earlier. Asked the girl on the till - she said that in reality there is no free tin of paint. All the tins cost the same when you buy under this "deal" the discount is applied across all three tins - so when I take the remaining two back I'll get the discounted price back on both tins.
It was still a bargain ! The sticker price of the paint was £22.00 - so for £44.00 got three cans. Took two back today and got £30.00 back...so the single tin for £14.00 !
Last edited by: R.P. on Tue 9 Nov 21 at 23:02
£55 for my fallow & bull :(
 Buy two get one free conundrum - Kevin
Farrow and Ball have stopped producing oil-based gloss and although the water-based alternatives have improved they still show every goddamn brush mark.
I've been using Crown 'Next Generation Plus' (only available in Brill White) and it's excellent.
I used their Farrows cream in ye olde cottage, it was originally F & B's burnt amber or something similar.

The cottage faced east, so didn't get any sunlight, except 4:30am in July :) and with a low ceiling AND small-paned windows, I didn't (couldn't) see any brush marks.

This place faces sww (or wsw) and is papered at the mo so any brush marks would be clearly visable.

Lakeland produce good paint: www.lakelandpaints.co.uk/wall-paint/matt/ I bought some of their external gloss thinking it was Leyland (www.specsavers.co.uk/ )

The best white I've ever used is Dulux Trade ultra white.

:o}

Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 10 Nov 21 at 13:22
Latest Forum Posts