Non-motoring > MMR & Autism - the birth of anti vaxxing... Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 10

MMR & Autism - the birth of anti vaxxing... - No FM2R
So here's a man the planet simply doesn't need....

www.bbc.com/reel/video/p09zhlch/the-origins-of-one-of-the-biggest-frauds-in-the-world-
 MMR & Autism - the birth of anti vaxxing... - Bromptonaut
>> So here's a man the planet simply doesn't need....
>>
>> www.bbc.com/reel/video/p09zhlch/the-origins-of-one-of-the-biggest-frauds-in-the-world-

Never forget the role of the press and in particular the Daily Mail in giving that shizzel credence.
 MMR & Autism - the birth of anti vaxxing... - Zero
There are two main factors in this:

Andrew Wakefield's "revelations" came at roughly the same time as the start of social and electronic media. So his crap lives on for far too long.

That the GMC took over 10 years to strike him off, gave him "professional credibility" for far too long.
::Never forget the role of the press and in particular the Daily Mail in giving that shizzel credence.

Oh absolutely, and unsurprisingly lauded and celebrated by the BBC, that lover of all things sensational.
 MMR & Autism - the birth of anti vaxxing... - smokie
I also recall that Private Eye gave him significant credence, one of their few poorly aimed campaigns.
In a moment of idleness I read the latest (perhaps the one before) Private Eye last week.

When did it become so tedious and boring?
 MMR & Autism - the birth of anti vaxxing... - bathtub tom
Forty-odd years ago SWMBO worked in special needs (are we still allowed to say that?) schools. She and most other staff were convinced of a link due to the number of kids that had problems identified after their MMR vaccine. We had our children given separate vaccines with our GP's agreement, as did lots of other folk in the education sector. She's still convinced there's a link, although she's encouraged our children to have the grandkids given the MMR as it's not so easy to get separate vaccines.
 MMR & Autism - the birth of anti vaxxing... - Bromptonaut
>> Forty-odd years ago SWMBO worked in special needs (are we still allowed to say that?)
>> schools. She and most other staff were convinced of a link due to the number
>> of kids that had problems identified after their MMR vaccine. We had our children given
>> separate vaccines with our GP's agreement, as did lots of other folk in the education
>> sector. She's still convinced there's a link, although she's encouraged our children to have the
>> grandkids given the MMR as it's not so easy to get separate vaccines.

Is that a correlation/causation thing?

The MMR jab or its booster being administered at pretty much the same time autism begins to manifest itself might just be coincidence.

Autism was more or less unknown when I was at school but with hindsight any numbers of us, self included, had traits.
 MMR & Autism - the birth of anti vaxxing... - Lygonos
There is no link.

Debunked to debunkery.

Wakefield should have been swallowed at birth.
 MMR & Autism - the birth of anti vaxxing... - smokie
"Autism was more or less unknown when I was at school but with hindsight any numbers of us, self included, had traits."

Wot he said.
 MMR & Autism - the birth of anti vaxxing... - Zero
>> "Autism was more or less unknown when I was at school but with hindsight any
>> numbers of us, self included, had traits."
>>
>> Wot he said.

Nope, Undiagnosed or categorised is wot it was. Back in the day if it was bad enough they would have been classed as "defective", possibly locked away in institutions.

As for traits, Women are convinced that most blokes live somewhere on the autistic spectrum, I know a rocket scientist quite well, and he is definitely socially strange in parts. I cant even claim the rocket scientist bit.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 22 Oct 21 at 18:06
Latest Forum Posts