Non-motoring > Heat pump tumble driers Green Issues
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 12

Heat pump tumble driers - zippy
Does anyone have any experience of them (good or bad please)

Thanks
 Heat pump tumble driers - Zero
www.t3.com/features/are-heat-pump-tumble-dryers-worth-the-money
 Heat pump tumble driers - Bromptonaut
>> Does anyone have any experience of them (good or bad please)
>>
>> Thanks

We bought a Bosch one four years ago to replace an older condenser model that was on the blink. Not at home again until Friday and I cannot remember the Series or model number but it has a self cleaning condensor.

Never had a vented one as the muppets who built the house put the outlet in a place where it was not useable. HAd two condensor models, the first a Zanussi and second Bosch.

Exactly as Which and Z's link say they're expensive to buy but a lot cheaper to run. Lots of programmes and a timer so you can set it to be finished in x hours. Good for us as we're on Economy 7.

Does more or less what it says but as with the two we've had before it doesn't always dry fully and needs an extra 20-30 minutes. My nearly 100% Rohan wardrobe is usually dry enough to hang but her stuff and particularly sheets are not 'cupboard dry' when it switches off. I've not ironed a shirt in years either with this one or the previous Bosch.

Duvet covers get in a knot but I doubt that's related to the drying technology.

It's also plumbed in so the condensate tank is self emptying.
 Heat pump tumble driers - Clk Sec
Mrs CS has her eye on Siemens ExtraKlasse 9kw heat pump jobbie at £649.99, from Euronics.

Comes with a 5 year warranty.
>> Mrs CS has her eye on Siemens ExtraKlasse 9kw heat pump jobbie at £649.99, from
>> Euronics.
>>
>> Comes with a 5 year warranty.

9kw puzzles me for a minute; how would that work?

Then I twigged it was 9 kg.
 Heat pump tumble driers - Clk Sec
Well spotted, that man!
 Heat pump tumble driers - Slightlyfatdirector
When we moved to our house just under 4 years ago we went from a house with built-in appliances to one with free standing so needed to buy new. Decided to buy as best as we could and went for a Miele washing machine and a Miele tumble dryer. They only offer heat pump ones now and can't quite remember of we had the choice then but anyway, we chose the greener heat-pump version for it's economy.

My wife is not really happy with how it performs in terms of time and wishes we had got a conventional one. It might use less electricity, but if you have to run it for twice the period of time to get the same results, it somewhat defeats the object of the exercise.....

Big sheets need to be taken out and un-knotted frequently too, but not sure of that is linked - probably not. I am not the expert...

She has recently got some special balls made of a sort of solid wool that she adds to the dryer to help agitate the clothes in there and she said that has improved things, but in hindsight she would have preferred us to have had a conventional dryer.

She has discussed this with a Miele engineer who says that the drying performance is not as good for the same time period, but they have to make things more eco now.

Heat pump tumble driers - zippy
>> Mrs CS has her eye on Siemens ExtraKlasse 9kw heat pump jobbie at £649.99, from
>> Euronics.
>>
>> Comes with a 5 year warranty.
>>

Gone for the same.
 Heat pump tumble driers - Bobby
Rohan?

Jeez I remember back late 80s early 90s that used to be my go to place for walking gear. Wonder if they still have a place in Glasgow.

Certainly didn’t have anywhere near the choice of outdoor clothing companies then as we do now.
Yep, they still have a place, probably the same one, in the St Enoch Centre:

www.rohan.co.uk/home/shop/glasgow

Most of my purchases come from the offers shop as on line buys for collection from the MK shop.

Much prefer Bags to jeans.
Just checked their website. Jeez they are expensive!
I pretty much wear Craghopper most of the time which seems to be around half to a third of the Rohan equivalent price.
There again I am no longer doing proper hill walking as such, more likely rambles with the dog.
 Heat pump tumble driers - Zero
I have transferred my everyday walking and working strides from Craghoppers to Jack Wolfskin, aided by dropping into the Ashford discount retail park when we are down that way. Got my very nice Barbour jacket down there at half price.
Just for the convenience or are they better/ cheaper or whatever?
Not a brand I have ever looked at.
Last edited by: Bobby on Wed 29 Sep 21 at 16:23
Latest Forum Posts