Non-motoring > Batty idea for a party game Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 4

Batty idea for a party game - Ambo
It seems "batsman" is found to be sexist and such are to be called "batters" in future. But how shall we deal with manning the boat, man alive, manacles, manoeuvres, manhole, manage, mandarin, mankind, Manchester etc?
 Batty idea for a party game - Bromptonaut
Well if the bowler's Holding, the batter's Willey we'll get the idea.
 Batty idea for a party game - Terry
I think the male variety suffers unfair discrimination in language and legislation.

To "bare ones chest" is obviously idiomatically feminine as only they would be concerned about exposure of the nipple region. It must be banned.

Women insist they have been disadvantaged by increases in state pension age. Ignored is the male of the species uncomplainingly working to support their early pensions, through being unfairly obliged to work half a decade longer. Compensation is due.

And equal rewards are demanded in sporting endeavour, despite obviously (in most cases) being slower, lower and weaker. Prizes should be proportionate to performance.

So we should not be remotely surprised at the latest efforts to change established terminology - I assume a lady at the crease should be described as a "batswoman" so that gender is evident!

They would of course, if compliant with best olympian practice, be required to undergo a testosterone test.

Batty idea for a party game - PeterS
What I want to know is what should we now call a Ladybird…?
 Batty idea for a party game - Manatee
Can't a woman or other gendered person be a batsman? Wouldn't that be the ultimate emancipation?

Back in April they announced that in future, wickets would be called "outs" and overs would not be used in the reporting of scores/run rates etc, just "balls". I believe they have back-pedalled on the outs, but they are still going to talk balls.
Latest Forum Posts