Non-motoring > USA Tourism Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 8

USA Tourism - legacylad
The gf of my pals son has recently arrived in the U.K. for a visit...they’re ‘all loved up’ which is lovely.

Relatives of another friend have just arrived from New England and are staying with them for a week before heading North. Other friends have visitors from Texas ( no connection to the gf) staying with them.

Why the heck can’t I go and sponge off my CA friends ? I’ve an open invite, free accommodation, a Toyota Tundra V8 Hemi twin cab sitting on their drive with my name on it. All in exchange for dog walking, painting their deck, mowing the lawn and mixing margaritas. So unfair !
 USA Tourism - No FM2R
>>Why the heck can't I go and sponge off my CA friends ?

You can, of course. Just spend 14 days not in the UK, EU, Brazil, China, South Africa or India and you're good to go.

Pick one of these perhaps; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey or Ukraine

www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 23 Aug 21 at 18:35
 USA Tourism - legacylad
Star man ! Two weeks very expensive self catering skiing in Switzerland then fly from Zurich. ..I was taking all my ski clothing with me anyway.

On second thoughts I’m a bit busy...45 days each trip to Spain both pre and post Christmas so maybe June 2022 for another Tahoe Rim Trail adventure.

Think I’ll open a bottle of Sierra Nevada Torpedo.
Last edited by: legacylad on Mon 23 Aug 21 at 18:45
 USA Tourism - Bromptonaut
>> Think I’ll open a bottle of Sierra Nevada Torpedo.

Can you get that in the UK?
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 23 Aug 21 at 19:47
 USA Tourism - No FM2R
I don't like it, but yes you can.

www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/sierra-nevada-torpedo-extra-ipa/
 USA Tourism - tyrednemotional
>> .....Two weeks very expensive self catering skiing in Switzerland then fly from
>> Zurich. ..
>>

...Switzerland, though not in the EU, is part of the Schengen Zone. Given your plans otherwise, the two weeks is likely to affect/conflict with your existing 90-day planning... ;-)
 USA Tourism - No FM2R
Yes, Switzerland is shown as an excluded country in my link, I included it in my list erroneously.
 USA Tourism - PeterS
When I went to St Lucia last October there were guys from the U.K. in our hotel on their way to the US. Travelling for work, with 14 days in St Lucia on the way. Not bad, but they were roller coaster engineers and the one at Dollywood needed fixing!
 USA Tourism - zippy
>> but they were roller coaster engineers and the
>> one at Dollywood needed fixing!
>>

I wonder if the train had difficulty getting over the peaks?

Last edited by: zippy on Mon 23 Aug 21 at 22:01
Latest Forum Posts