Non-motoring > Pre cast concrete repair Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 8

Pre cast concrete repair - legacylad
I mow the lawns and occasionally help an elderly neighbour with her garden....she has an old, possibly 30+ years, concrete bird bath her husband bought. Sadly he died recently and the top has become separated from the base when she knocked it.
It’s only a small surface area, and I wondered if it’s possible to bond the 2 together ? There seems to be plenty of stuff online...has anyone used and can recommend a specific product please ?
 Pre cast concrete repair - Zero
If possible drill holes and fit a stud in one part. As long as its clean (wire brush) and dry a two part epoxy will do it.
 Pre cast concrete repair - No FM2R
If you want a 12 month repair then epoxy or similar will be fine.

If you want a multi year solution the you need to drill the pillar and epoxy a stud into it and then drill the top and put a nut and washer on it.

Pre cast concrete repair - Duncan
>>
>> the top has become separated from the base when she knocked it.
>> It’s only a small surface area, and I wondered if it’s possible to bond the
>> 2 together ?

Are they meant to be bonded together? Don't they just stay together by gravity? I've got one in the garden and there is a spigot on the base and a drilling on the top - or vicky verky.
 Pre cast concrete repair - Fullchat
Likewise.
 Pre cast concrete repair - No FM2R
My grandmother had one like that. The metal spigot had long ago rusted away and was too thin anyway.
 Pre cast concrete repair - maltrap
Gripfill
 Pre cast concrete repair - Dog
Gripfill Xtra
 Pre cast concrete repair - Fullchat
Drill. Replace with piece of round steel like a cut down bolt. Resin fix in place.
Latest Forum Posts