Non-motoring > Rugby League World Cup: Australia and New Zealand Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 5

Rugby League World Cup: Australia and New Zealand - No FM2R

....pull out of tournament

www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/57925720

""There are stark differences between how the pandemic is being managed in the UK compared to Australasia......

...but the Covid-19 situation in the UK shows no sign of improving, and it's simply too unsafe to send teams and staff over.""

Because Australasia's approach involves closing all borders and not vaccinating which doesn't fit in with the real world.

To the point that NZ has closed it's corridor with Australia even.

How do they ever see the situation changing? Do they think the virus is going to magically disappear if they hide long enough?

Rugby League World Cup: Australia and New Zealand - sooty123
How do they ever see the situation changing? Do they think the virus is going
>> to magically disappear if they hide long enough?
>>
>>
>>

I think they did at the beginning, now they've painted themselves into a corner.
 Rugby League World Cup: Australia and New Zealand - bathtub tom
I can't criticise anyone else for isolating. Having seen the current figures, I'm back in lockdown. (for very good reasons).
But perhaps not as an alternative to vaccination.
"There are stark differences between how the pandemic is being managed in the UK compared to Australasia."

Half the population in lockdown.
Thousands rioting about lockdown
Borders closed
Vaccination at <14%

I guess he's got a point.

However, it turns out that the problem is actually their own quarantine restrictions which would prevent their players returning to their own clubs until two weeks after, and it is the clubs that have objected.

Not the risk of travel (they're competing int he Olympics, and Rugby Union in the Autumn etc. etc.) just their own clubs protesting about the loss of their players for an additional two weeks.

There was a headline the other day Australia’s Covid success comes at a high price as cities suffer - I wonder which 'success' that was.
 Rugby League World Cup: Australia and New Zealand - sooty123
However, it turns out that the problem is actually their own quarantine restrictions which would
>> prevent their players returning to their own clubs until two weeks after, and it is
>> the clubs that have objected.
>>
>> Not the risk of travel (they're competing int he Olympics, and Rugby Union in the
>> Autumn etc. etc.) just their own clubs protesting about the loss of their players for
>> an additional two weeks.

The WC isn't that much of thing in Oz, the state of Origin is seen by many as the premier competition. It doesn't bring in a huge amount of money, it's something the Oz clubs can handle not playing.
Latest Forum Posts