Non-motoring > Premier League footballer held over child sex .... Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 6

Premier League footballer held over child sex .... - No FM2R

"Premier League footballer held over child sex allegations"

www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-57899127

In a weird way I kind of hope it's true. If it is he deserves everything he gets. If it isn't, if he's been framed or it's some kind of Social Media wind up, his life is still ruined. Especially since his name is all over the non-First World press.
 Premier League footballer held over child sex .... - Bromptonaut
>> Especially since his name is all
>> over the non-First World press.

You don't even need to look that far. He's named in Italian organs.
It's a worrying trend. I guess it's always been there but until the world was conquered by social media it wasn't the problem it is now.

As I said, if he is guilty then I DGAF, but if he is innocent, and of course without a trial he is to be regarded as innocent, his life is still ruined.

p.s. I presume that there is little a UK court can do to stop a non-UK media outlet blabbing? So if it is not a jurisdiction the subject can sue in himself, then they are pretty safe to do so.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 20 Jul 21 at 16:43
 Premier League footballer held over child sex .... - Robin O'Reliant
>> p.s. I presume that there is little a UK court can do to stop a
>> non-UK media outlet blabbing?
>>

Foreign media outlets are not subject to British law so they are free to print if they want.
 Premier League footballer held over child sex .... - Bromptonaut
>> p.s. I presume that there is little a UK court can do to stop a
>> non-UK media outlet blabbing? So if it is not a jurisdiction the subject can sue
>> in himself, then they are pretty safe to do so.

The issue here I think is one of privacy pre-charge. Think the hooha over Cliff Richard and Paul Gambacini. The club and British media are keeping it under their hats on that basis.

Not the same as kiss/tell and the (largely manufactured) controversy over so called super injunctions 10 or so years ago.

The Attorney General has issued warnings about the risk to a trial:

www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/20/premier-league-footballer-arrested-on-suspicion-of-child-sexual-abuse-offences
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 20 Jul 21 at 17:08
 Premier League footballer held over child sex .... - tyrednemotional
...after he'd been told countless times that it would destroy his career spending too much time in the Juniors.....
Latest Forum Posts