Non-motoring > Aircraft over the sea near Grimsby Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 5

Aircraft over the sea near Grimsby - zippy
I'm guessing some sort of exercise?

There are a couple of Dassault Falcons and a couple of BAE Hawks going round in patterns.

www.flightradar24.com/WARTHG82/285139e6

This link my be time sensitive.
Last edited by: zippy on Wed 7 Jul 21 at 13:22
 Aircraft over the sea near Grimsby - Zero
Both From teeside airport north compound, two aircraft the same type flying parallel tracks

www.aero-mag.com/cobham-aviation-signs-long-term-deal-in-teeside-to-support-mod-contract/

Aircraft over the sea near Grimsby - Bromptonaut
They're around quite often at various sites. There were two operating out of Stornoway whilst I was on the Western Isles in May.

They've another base at Bournemouth (Hurn).
 Aircraft over the sea near Grimsby - sooty123
>> They're around quite often at various sites. There were two operating out of Stornoway whilst
>> I was on the Western Isles in May.
>>

There was a big nato exercise in that bit of the atlantic then. They were up there supporting that, name escapes me now, something Defender I think.

There's normally one in may and another in November in the atlantic/N Scotland, has been for years.
 Aircraft over the sea near Grimsby - Kevin
10 RAF Pumas giving us a flypast this afternoon -

www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/19425668.see-raf-puma-helicopter-flypast/
 Aircraft over the sea near Grimsby - Fullchat
Grimsby??!!!!! You could cause an International incident there. :)

The rivalry between North and South of the Humber is the stuff of legends. Well it was in the time of the fishing industry and there is still some animosity over the creation of the County of Humberside which no longer exists.

No idea of what the aircraft were doing but they were just over the hill so to speak.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Thu 8 Jul 21 at 13:53
Latest Forum Posts