Non-motoring > Vaccines in general Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 0

Vaccines in general - No FM2R
An article from Chile, in Spanish I'm afraid, but Google Translate is your friend if you're sufficiently interested yet a monoglot.

Essentially two parents have been compelled by law, confirmed by the Supreme Court, that they have no choice but to comply with their son's national vaccination plan. Compulsory vaccination, in other words. The usual childhood vaccinations.

The court said that, and I paraphrase as well as translate;

"Decisions about a child's education, religion and health are the responsibility/authority of the parents, but that authority can be overridden in court if it believes that this authority is being abused".

"By imposing their own beliefs in this case the child's health is put at risk and court intervention is therefore justified"

"The obligation to vaccinate is an ethical matter which exceeds the right to make an individual choice for the higher good of protecting the entire population"

For some time (15 years?) schools here have not accepted unvaccinated children hence the long standing market in fake certificates and the introduction of a central vaccination register.

This seems to ignore religious beliefs, for example, and between the parent and the child is a dangerous place to intercede. I don't see this going anywhere good in the long run.

www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/2021/06/24/1024784/padres-antivacunas-hijo-vacunado.html
Latest Forum Posts