Non-motoring > Proud Parent Moment Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 17

Proud Parent Moment - zippy
Dr Zippy is now Miss Zippy again after just getting the results of her latest exams.

She gets her brains from her mum!
 Proud Parent Moment - No FM2R
Does that mean she is now a surgeon? b***** well done if so.
Yes!

Thanks!

Covid secure OSCE exam a month or so ago. (Like the exam scenes from Dr in the House films where they examine patients in a big hall.)

Proud Parent Moment - Bromptonaut
Consultant?

I remember a fellow conference organiser complaining of an outfit where the senior folks took the title of the ordinary man. It made delegate lists a bit of a 'mare apparently.
>> Consultant?
>>

No not yet, she's just 27 so a little way to go yet with some more exams for that.

Just Surgeon. Consultants require some more exams but on the way.

Only sad thing is she may have to move Deanery to get the next level of training she wants / needs.

She is also planning a teaching qualification so she can train others better as she has really enjoyed and got a lot of good feedback from planning and giving training sessions for trainees and more junior colleagues and seems a natural at getting buy-in from others (with the addition of some pizza).
Last edited by: zippy on Fri 18 Jun 21 at 16:28
>>Just Surgeon.

I wouldn't be letting Miss Zippy hear that use of the word 'just'. She may decide to show you some of her skills.

And 27 seems young. She must have worked pretty damned hard. I trust a celebration will occur.
>> >>Just Surgeon.
>>
>> I wouldn't be letting Miss Zippy hear that use of the word 'just'. She may
>> decide to show you some of her skills.
>>
>> And 27 seems young. She must have worked pretty damned hard. I trust a celebration
>> will occur.
>>

Lol - re just - she has worked extremely hard. She is skilled in getting the training and guidance she needs, which helps, especially as both her parents are not in the medical field.

>>Celebration...

I have just caught her eyeing up a local restaurant where 4 of us won't get any change from a monkey :-O

I'm recommending the Beefeater!

>>won't get any change from a monkey :

Well, she deserves it, as long as the restaurant is worth it and not just fashionable. There's a couple of restaurants in the UK I occasionally get pushed into using where both are fashionable, both therefore f. expensive and neither worth it. Not even close.
>> >>won't get any change from a monkey :
>>
>> Well, she deserves it, as long as the restaurant is worth it and not just
>> fashionable. There's a couple of restaurants in the UK I occasionally get pushed into using
>> where both are fashionable, both therefore f. expensive and neither worth it. Not even close.
>>

We went there for her birthday last year. Really enjoyable meal well cooked. Really good attention to detail. Superb food.

Funny though, restaurants don't always need to expensive, we had an amazing dinner at a country pub after a hike in the local country park a few weeks back.

Equally enjoyable curries with mates for £20 each all in.

Anyway, her choice and she's changed her mind to a Thai restaurant a few miles out at a local village.
 Proud Parent Moment - henry k
>>Just Surgeon. Consultants require some more exams but on the way.
>>Only sad thing is she may have to move Deanery to get the next level of training she wants / needs.
>>he is also planning a teaching qualification so she can train others better as she has really enjoyed and got a lot of good feedback from planning and giving training sessions for trainees

Congratulations to all concerned.
My daughter has been through the same processes.
Dr then Miss and then Dr again ( DPhil) but still refered to as Miss.
She has been teaching for many years both as part of the job but also privately.
I suspect a HEA qualification is the way to go. My daugher is a FHEA
Keep up te good work
 Proud Parent Moment - martin aston
Congratulations, a bright spot in a hard medical year.
 Proud Parent Moment - Rudedog
What speciality is she going for?

T&O is very hard for a female... we definitely don't have enough (any) female consultants.

Interestingly we seems have a big influx of Greek consultants covering all specialities at the moment.

>> What speciality is she going for?
>>

General surgery.

As many others have, she has been in most departments through training and likes this best, despite some others saying she suits geriatric care or paediatrics.
My Sister in law, the one I actually like, is a pediatric surgeon. I don't know where people find the strength to do the job. Some of the stuff she's seen/dealt with over the years (20 ish) would just reduce me to a wreck.

We're lucky that people like your daughter, and all the others, are willing to do be surgeons and have the strength to survive it.
Probably the right time to mention that there is a whole team with a surgeon, and I don't think I could do any of their jobs. I do appreciate and am thankful to them all though. They've sorted me and mine out more than once.
>> What speciality is she going for?
>>
>> T&O is very hard for a female... we definitely don't have enough (any) female consultants.
>>

T&O?
>>
>> T&O?
>>

Trauma and orthopaedic surgery.
Thanks.
Latest Forum Posts