Non-motoring > Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] Company Cars
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 39

Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] - No FM2R
From The Times;

"Diane Abbott has been accused of stoking tensions with the black community after linking the shooting of Sasha Johnson to her Black Lives Matter campaigning.

The Labour MP, a former shadow home secretary, wrote in a tweet that the black rights activist had been targeted because she had “stood up for racial justice. "

“Nobody should have to potentially pay with their life because they stood up for racial justice #BlackLivesMatter.”

In reality she was shot by one of 4 Black gang members int eh middle of a shoot out with another black gang.

Starmer must feel blessed to have such a talent in his group.
 Rob Roberts (Con MP) - No FM2R
And proving that she's not the only b***** idiot in town....

The Independent Expert Panel (IEP) found that Rob Roberts (Con MP) made repeated and unwanted sexual advances towards a male member of parliamentary staff.

The Commons watchdog found that the MP for Delyn in North Wales made “repeated and unwanted sexual advances” towards one of his employees and “used his position as his employer to place him under pressure to accede”.

Apparently this lead to inappropriate comments, discomfort and the male employee concerned changing jobs.

Just how effin stupid are these people? How can there be anybody who still doesn't know that this is inappropriate behaviour, doing it at work is stupid and doing it when your job involves being in the public eye is more stupid than one can truly imagine.

Whatever else should be done, at least their stupidity should get them fired.

Politicians!
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 25 May 21 at 20:39
 Rob Roberts (Con MP) - Bromptonaut
>> And proving that she's not the only b***** idiot in town....
>>

>> Whatever else should be done, at least their stupidity should get them fired.
>>
>> Politicians!

And there's the former Member for Hartlepool condemned by the same committee last week for pretty similar offending, albeit with a female.
>> the former Member for Hartlepool

Missed that.

Mike Hill, I assume? He seems even worse if only for his lack of remorse.
 Rob Roberts (Con MP) - Bromptonaut
>> Mike Hill, I assume? He seems even worse if only for his lack of remorse.

Right there I think. Today's chap was just verbally pushy Hill had the object of his attentions in a flat share with only one bed.

And then (allegedly) climbed in and whacked his engorged todger against her bum.
FFS, what are these people like.
 Rob Roberts (Con MP) - MD
>> And then (allegedly) climbed in and whacked his engorged todger against her bum.
>>
I bet that divided opinions!
 Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] - Bromptonaut
>> From The Times;
>>
>> "Diane Abbott has been accused of stoking tensions with the black community after linking the
>> shooting of Sasha Johnson to her Black Lives Matter campaigning.
>>
>> The Labour MP, a former shadow home secretary, wrote in a tweet that the black
>> rights activist had been targeted because she had “stood up for racial justice. "
>>
>> “Nobody should have to potentially pay with their life because they stood up for racial
>> justice #BlackLivesMatter.”

Sasha Johnson has taken a lot of vitriolic abuse, including death threats.

She's then shot in the head by intruders at a party.

The police now seem to be coming to the conclusion that it was gang shoot out but that's not yet a nailed on certainty and speculation continues. The shadow of Stephen Lawrence and other inquiries into deaths of black people not dealt with properly still hangs over the Metropolitan Police and some will be sceptical.

Abbot's tweet was yesterday, before the investigation reached its present stage.

At some point she may be wise to update it but at the time it was not unreasonable and I'd wager press reports and attitudes would be different if the roles/races were different.
Come on, irresponsible at best.
>> Come on, irresponsible at best.

Possibly but, I think reflective of views of a large number of Black and other BAME (I use the acronym notwithstanding criticism from Sewell and others) people.

I'm open minded until there's a charge and some clear evidence that it was gang crossfire and nothing else.
>>but, I think reflective of views of a large number of Black and other BAME

Exactly the reason that she should have been more responsible.
>> Exactly the reason that she should have been more responsible.

OK, we can agree to differ on that..
Well, we can differ, but I'm not agreeing to it!

I cannot imagine people like Starmer enjoy having her around. It must be an "oh God, what has she said this time?" sort of reaction.
 Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] - R.P.
Why would Delyn ever vote for Tory is another question, traditional working class area, with the usual ex-industrial problems.
Dunno, I guess it depends how bad the alternative was.
David Hanson...Labour - from what I recall quite decent.
>> David Hanson...Labour - from what I recall quite decent.

He originally got the seat on the second go from Keith Raffan, also Con. I guess you'd have to know the place to understand why it was marginal, and I don't know it.
Yes, its also got major industry nearby - Vauxhall and Airbus. Oddly it also voted to leave the EU...I rode through a few weeks ago and it seemed pretty prosperous, some areas are pretty run down though.
>> Yes, its also got major industry nearby - Vauxhall and Airbus. Oddly it also voted
>> to leave the EU...I rode through a few weeks ago and it seemed pretty prosperous,
>> some areas are pretty run down though.

Interesting to compare Senedd elections with those for Westminster.

Labour held the Delyn seat for the Senedd with 48% of the vote earlier this month.

The neighbouring Alyn and Deeside seat where my daughter lives was just scraped home for Labour at the last GE but held 48/34 for the Senedd.
>> David Hanson...Labour - from what I recall quite decent.

Thought I recognised his name, he was an MoJ Minister in the Brown years.
>> Why would Delyn ever vote for Tory is another question, traditional working class area, with
>> the usual ex-industrial problems.

Looks like maybe one of those cases where the unholy alliance of Brexit sentiment, Corbyn sentiment and a supposedly Marxist programme in Labour's manifesto upended what looked like a safeish seat.

That sort of thing, together with an election the parties hadn't been tooled up for with candidates in place, results in the election of egregious loose cannon types as 'accidental MPs' for the party making unexpected gains.

Labour had a few in the 17-19 Parliament including Fiona Onasanya and Jared O'Mara.

Rob Roberts had a near miss with disciplinary action earlier regarding a woman assistant to whom he suggested he liked 'fun times' even if he was gay.

Mrs B, having had a sister who was bi-polar and a couple of friends with bi-polar siblings or partners, has antennae for the condition.

I suspect they'd be twitching if she read Rob's story.
>> I cannot imagine people like Starmer enjoy having her around. It must be an "oh
>> God, what has she said this time?" sort of reaction.

He's stuck with her unless/until the members in Hackney get shut.

OTOH she's pushing 70 and, I suspect, not in the best of health. Probably ready to call it a day at the next election.

And the Tories have their crosses to bear too; Mark Francois is but one.
>>Mark Francois is but one.

I think Dianne Abbot is considerably more stupid than Francois, but she's nothing like as unpleasant. Awful man.

But then, the Conservative Party generally is a pretty awful bunch. Any averagely pleasant person stands out.
Asked later why she’d [Abbott] made such a bold presumption on the basis of zero evidence, she retorted: “It is so wrong to accuse people of colour who raise issues in relation to race of somehow inflaming feelings.”
 Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] - sooty123
She may as well have said, shut up I can say whatever I like.
 Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] - Zero
She is so publicly spectacularly useless that she gives not only her race, but her gender a bad name.
 Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] - PeterS
>> She is so publicly spectacularly useless that she gives not only her race, but her
>> gender a bad name.
>>

And the Labour Party...
>> She is so publicly spectacularly useless that she gives not only her race, but her
>> gender a bad name.

Only to people who are racist and/or sexist.
 Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] - Netsur
I suspect that many areas which have good employment in skilled manual labour jobs (such as Airbus and Vauxhall) are slowly turning blue from red because they can see what is really important in their lives.

What is not important is 'woke', illiterate economic policies, and a concentration of overseas issues which do not threaten the way of life in the UK.

What is important is healthcare system that generally works, fair taxes, and treating those who create the wealth for the country fairly.

>> I suspect that many areas which have good employment in skilled manual labour jobs (such
>> as Airbus and Vauxhall) are slowly turning blue from red because they can see what
>> is really important in their lives.

Fear not Both (Vauxhall and Airbus) are going to disappear from the UK.
 Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] - Manatee
and treating those who
>> create the wealth for the country fairly.

I couldn't agree more, but we might differ on who creates the wealth and differentiating them from the people hoarding vast amounts.
>> Only to people who are racist and/or sexist.

Not at all because she keeps going on about her gender and race. And screwing it up every time.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 26 May 21 at 11:47
 Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] - Manatee
>> Not at all because she keeps going on about her gender and race. And screwing
>> it up every time.

She does, but it would be racist to see other persons of the same gender and race in a worse light because of that (is the point I think). I don't feel I am seen in a worse light because white male Mark Francois (for example) is such an appendage.

It certainly puts her in a bad light.
>> She does, but it would be racist to see other persons of the same gender
>> and race in a worse light because of that (is the point I think)
. I
>> don't feel I am seen in a worse light because white male Mark Francois (for
>> example) is such an appendage.

Thanks Manatee, the bolded bit is my point exactly.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Wed 26 May 21 at 11:32
>> Thanks Manatee, the bolded bit is my point exactly.

My point is she is reinforcing stereotypes. Fodder for racists.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 26 May 21 at 11:46
>> My point is she is reinforcing stereotypes. Fodder for racists.

They're racists anyway. They'd still want to lynch her even if she spoke pure Blairism.
 Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] - Terry
We are all being very unfair to Dianne.

She is a person of impeccable judgement, complete integrity, a highly developed since of social responsibility, and a towering intellect.

Any suggestion that she is innumerate, or unprincipled in sending her kids for a private education, or says and does things purely for political advantage, or achieved high office through a sexual relationship with her boss are of course completely unfounded.
 Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] - Biggles
In exactly the same way that her statement, “It is so wrong to accuse people of colour who raise issues in relation to race of somehow inflaming feelings” is also racist?
>> gender a bad name.
>
>Only to people who are racist and/or sexist.

I do fundamentally agree with that. However, if one hears someone banging on about being an example for, say, black women everywhere and then that same person does something stupid, one can understand how it gets said.

Of course the same standard would indicate that Abbott is both sexist and racist, which I suspect she probably is.
 Dianne Abbott again.... [sigh] - sooty123
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57290536

18 year old charged with conspiracy to murder.
Latest Forum Posts