Non-motoring > NY prosecutor says Trump inquiry now criminal Computing Issues
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 13

NY prosecutor says Trump inquiry now criminal - No FM2R

www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57166735

I'm not quite sure what to make of this nor do I have any idea where it will end up.

But what does occur to me is to wonder how "criminal record free" does someone need to be to run for President?

NY prosecutor says Trump inquiry now criminal - zippy
>>
>> But what does occur to me is to wonder how "criminal record free" does someone
>> need to be to run for President?
>>

There is no ban on a criminal being President of the USA.

Public opinion, other politicians and those in control of the money in the past would probably have put a stop to a real criminal's ambitions

But after Trump, who knowns, it could even be a badge of honour, worryingly (a martyr to the libtard prosecutors).
I am surprised but it seems that you're correct and there is no bar; native-born, resident for the 14 years and >35years old are the only requirements.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 19 May 21 at 19:21
And since the UK Prime Minister is nominated and appointed not elected, there seem to be even less restrictions.

All quite depressing really.
I don't per-se think there should be an out and out ban on politicians / Presidents / Prime Ministers with criminal records.

As with most things in life context is everything and if a candidate came forward and said, yes, I was a drunk and hurt someone - now I don't drink and help drunks recuperate is a better candidate than one that is found to be drunk, still drinks and doesn't care that they hurt someone and blames the person they hurt because they were in the way.
I guess, but there ought to be a line, don't you think?
Yes, but where do you draw that line?

You could do it on sentence. But what happens with two offences of the same crime - one person gets 6 months because he has good lawyers and one gets 5 years because he got a mean judge?

Type of crime perhaps? What's worse. Someone who steals from a grocer to feed his family or someone who steals the life savings of thousands through corrupt business deals. I suspect the latter would be approved when the former would not.

It's a minefield.
It is a minefield. It ought to be enough to hope that decent people wouldn't vote for such a person, but if I ever had such illusions the last few years have taken them away.
>> It is a minefield. It ought to be enough to hope that decent people wouldn't
>> vote for such a person, but if I ever had such illusions the last few
>> years have taken them away.
>>

+1

Would Boris have got to his position 2 or 3 decades ago based on his known actions?
Last edited by: zippy on Wed 19 May 21 at 20:53
 NY prosecutor says Trump inquiry now criminal - Robin O'Reliant
If the electorate want someone with a criminal past, so be it. Nobody has to vote for them and let's face it, Gary Glitter still wouldn't stand a chance.
 NY prosecutor says Trump inquiry now criminal - legacylad
I wouldn’t want to be in his gang anyway..
 NY prosecutor says Trump inquiry now criminal - John Boy
Jimmy Saville would have had support from a high level of society, wouldn't he?
>> Jimmy Saville would have had support from a high level of society, wouldn't he?

Only before he'd been convicted of something. Then I might think he'd have been wishing he was dead, never mind going out in public and standing for election.
 NY prosecutor says Trump inquiry now criminal - henry k
>>But what does occur to me is to wonder how "criminal record free" does someone need to be to run for President?
Books by David Cay Johnston may be of interest.
The making of Donald Trump. 2016
It's worse than you think 2018

I have yet to read the later one.
There is a vast amount of info etc on the author online.

Latest Forum Posts