Dominic Cummins on Integrity - Fullchat
Loyalty of cats.
 Dominic Cummins on Integrity - rocket
He really is scum of the first water.
Certainly not leaking all this in the public interest
 Dominic Cummins on Integrity - Bobby
Rocket , need to narrow that down.
Do you mean Cummings or Johnston??

Apparently it was Johnson personally who leaked all this to the papers about Cummings.
 Dominic Cummins on Integrity - Bobby
And not a thing from Laura Kuensberg on Twitter about it.
 Dominic Cummins on Integrity - sooty123
>> And not a thing from Laura Kuensberg on Twitter about it.
>>

from those of us that don't follow her, what conclusion should we draw?
 Dominic Cummins on Integrity - Stuartli
As it's the weekend, Laura Kuenssberg is probably not working, so may not prove a surprise that she's seemingly made no comments.

The BBC has a number of political commentators, including the very competent Deputy Political Correspondent, Vicki Young.
 Dominic Cummins on Integrity - No FM2R
>>Do you mean Cummings or Johnston??

I doubt Johnson is scum. Probably not Cummings either.

They're players in a pretty horrible environment where to be in power is the only thing that matters and where they are represented by a mercenary, soul-less, exploitative media to a fairly shallow and clueless electorate.

I certainly don't think that their political leanings make them a better or worse person. Nothing to choose between the lot of them.
 Dominic Cummins on Integrity - rocket
Well I meant Cummings. Dishing the dirt on a prior employer when you were part of that 'system' is pretty low.

and my opinion of BoJo is pretty low too
 Dominic Cummins on Integrity - Terry
Few will have voted for Boris as Tory leader or PM because of his reputation for integrity.

He won because he seemed most likely to "get Brexit done" and an ability for self presentation and communication that far exceeded of all others in the leadership race. I did not (would not) vote for him but accept the outcome in a democracy.

Cummins is understandably angry having been fired from a positon of great influence. But his reputation goes before him - driving with wife and kiddie to test his eyesight - fatuous.

Political enemies simply see this as an opportunity to undermine Boris and the Tories. Whether it will have any real impact is questionable - from a public perspective it seems like an argument between the variously inept, unpleasant, dishonest, back-stabbing, insincere ... (select your adjective of choice).
 Dominic Cummins on Integrity - sooty123
How do we know DC leaked all this?
 Dominic Cummins on Integrity - Bromptonaut
>> How do we know DC leaked all this?
AIUI Cummings was fingered for releasing the Dyson texts. He retaliated with a lengthy blog.

Dominic Cummins on Integrity - Manatee
>>Nothing to choose between the lot of them.

I don't believe that, and I've heard it too many times from people with a critical thinking deficit as an 'excuse' for voting for 'scum' (I had a think about that description) like Johnson.

I concede it can be difficult to separate the bent from the straight sometimes. There was once a time when I thought Johnson was at least well meaning and relatively harmless. He could end up destroying the country.
>>I've heard it too many times from people with a critical thinking deficit as an 'excuse' for voting for 'scum'

Not from me, I don't think.

I genuinely believe that political allegiance/leanings/membership makes no difference to the quality of the human being. And to be a successful politician necessitates a whole bunch of personal characteristics that I don't like.

There is little to choose between them and I tend to vote on current issues, sometimes likely direction, but virtually never on the person for just that reason.

Dominic Cummins on Integrity - Bromptonaut
Another take here:

www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/25/it-is-beyond-moronic-fury-at-how-pm-set-the-stage-for-cummingss-revenge
From Bromp's link....

"Boris Johnson’s decision to accuse his former advisor of leaking stories was regarded with horror by insiders – and has had predictable results"

Difficult to argue with that. What a mind-bogglingly stupid thing to do. You have to wonder how he thought it would work out. Did he think the country would rally around behind their beloved leader and vilify the nasty advisor?

I worry far more about a politician's stupidity than I do their morality.
Latest Forum Posts