Non-motoring > Marmalade Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 7

Marmalade - legacylad
After thread drift from Volcano Cam....there is an annual Marmalade festival at Dalemain mansion, situated to the NW of Ullswater.
I called there a few years ago, via the 5 mile Dalemain Loop after two days walking the Ullswater Way. My pal spent a small fortune buying different marmalades. Glad I didn’t have to carry it.

He enjoys making marmalade...the last jar he gave me lasted the best part of 12 months so I’m not a large consumer of the stuff. A jar of jam probably lasts me in excess of 12 months.
 Marmalade - Crankcase
When I was twelve, a friend and I went walking along the Ridgeway, carrying everything and camping. Different times.

Anyway, after weeks of weighing everything to the last ounce and honing the packs, I struggled along on day one, finding it much harder than I'd anticipated.

That night, we sat in the tent, and I opened my pack to find my mum had quietly packed six small jars of jam and my slippers.
 Marmalade - CGNorwich
"A jar of jam probably lasts me in excess of 12 months."

Not partial to a cheddar cheese and raspberry jam sandwich then?

i make 40 or so jars of marmalade each January and as similar quantity of assorted jams in the summer. Should have joined the W.I.

Marmalade - No FM2R
>>Not partial to a cheddar cheese and raspberry jam sandwich then?

Brie & blueberry jam is my favourite.

I love home made jams and marmalades. And the marmalades made from oranges from our own garden are spectacularly good.
 Marmalade - R.P.
I nearly, nearly got round to looking at making marmalade a few years ago. I love it. My lockdown morning snack of choice, is 2 slices of Lidl multiseed bread (toasted), proper butter, some marmalade and a proper (big) mug of Yorkshire Tea (although on PG at the moment due to some er...overstocking last spring.
 Marmalade - James Loveless
"... due to some er...overstocking last spring."

How's the mountain of loo rolls? Can you get into your garage yet?
 Marmalade - R.P.
We have been on an Amazon subscription for around three years, we had a delivery just before people went mad which lasted until the next one came...! :-)....I was more worried about my mug of tea than bog rolls...
 Marmalade - legacylad
Flahavans porridge for me. With some maple syrup for good measure. Or muesli with hazelnuts and some fresh fruit on top...
My weekly treat is blueberry pancakes, with additional defrosted blackberries in the mix. Topped off with raspberries and/or sliced strawberries when in season.

Eggs Florentine on occasion. Like Popeye I can never have enough spinach.
And a pot of Yorkshire Tea.
Latest Forum Posts