Non-motoring > Anyone have a Huawei phone? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 13

Anyone have a Huawei phone? - Crankcase
Sorry if this should be in computer related. I guess phones are computers.

Anyway.

Short and easy. Does anyone have a Huawei, and if so, have you used the "trust list" feature for contacts?

Because I can't get mine to behave as the online manuals describe, and I can't see where I'm going wrong. So I suspect the phone doesn't actually do what the instructions say it should. It's a P Smart 2019 model.

Anyone have a Huawei phone? - sooty123
Yes I've a Huawei phone.

No I've not used it or seen it, where abouts is it in the phone to get it to work/activate?
 Anyone have a Huawei phone? - Manatee
I've a P9 but it's over 4 years old and it doesn't have this feature.

Does yours? The Huawei support page lists the P Smart + 2019. Maybe the + is significant.

consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/content/en-gb00706361/
Last edited by: Manatee on Wed 17 Mar 21 at 09:34
 Anyone have a Huawei phone? - Haywain
I have a P10 lite (3.5 yrs old) and it doesn't appear to have that feature.
 Anyone have a Huawei phone? - sooty123
Looking at that link, no mine doesn't have a trust list, just a block list.
Ok. Well on mine, you get to the trustlist and blocklist via the Optimiser, then choose the Blocked option, then the settings top right.

If you create a new block list, a menu offers you options including "add from contacts", which is obviously what you want. But if you do the same for a trustlist, the menu doesn't offer "add from contacts". Making it useless, unless you type in the actual phone number for everyone you want to add.

The online support just says "choose the add from contacts option" for both list creations,but it's not there to add for a trustlist. Seems odd it's there for one and not the other.

I guess I can forget it or ask Huawei. Just wondered if anyone here might have found another way of doing it that works was all.

Thanks anyway.
Can you do it from Contacts?

If I open a contact, then open the three dot menu, one of the options is "Add to blacklist". Of course I don't have a Trustlist.
Nice thought, but no. It's the same as yours when you do it via Contacts.

There is something called Call Rules I haven't yet poked about at; I guess if there's the option to block all unknown numbers it might come to much the same thing I was trying to achieve.
When you block all unknown numbers, what does it do when you get a call from one?

It could be pretty disastrous if, say, your significant other had to borrow a phone to call you in an emergency. I had a call back from Thames Water this morning on a "private number", that's also what I see when the doctors' surgery calls.

A friend of mine has a a thing on his landline that plays him a recorded message from an unknown number and then he can choose to answer it/ignore it..

I just block the nuisance numbers after the event. Not 100% effective but better than nothing.
 Anyone have a Huawei phone? - Bromptonaut
>> When you block all unknown numbers, what does it do when you get a call
>> from one?

Your caller will hear a message that says 'this phone does not accept calls from unknown (or sometimes it says withheld) numbers.

I recall somebody with that system leaving me a message when I worked for the Quango.

At the time 'withheld' was pretty much always the CLI shown if you were on a PABX or similar set up.

Tried to call her, was denied by the system and, having her address from previous encounters, put a letter in the post explaining.

Long before the letter was even collected from my tray she rang again in a massive bate 'cos she'd not been called back.
 Anyone have a Huawei phone? - No FM2R
My Trustlist works exactly the same as yours, one has to manually type in numbers or get them from the call blocked list.

That is because its purpose is to unblock a number which has been blocked but that you don't wish to be blocked again.

I think it's purpose is to allow a call that for some reason you do not wish to add to your contacts but do not wish to block. I don't think they considered the idea of wanting to only allow calls from a subset of contacts, or at least not a subset of any size

You have;
block all calls except trustlist
block all calls from unknown numbers (not in contacts)
block withheld numbers

I allow all calls. As someone said, the idea that one of my family would borrow a phone and then not be able to contact me stops me doing so.

Also, for various other things I do, numbers not known to me have to be able to call me

I use Truecaller to stop all spam calls. I have gone from many a week to one or two a year.
 Anyone have a Huawei phone? - slowdown avenue
optimiser app.
block all incoming numbers [ trustlist won't be blocked
block unknown numbers
block private/ withheld numbers
>>Also, for various other things I do, numbers not known to me have to be able to call me

Must apply to most who use a mobile for normal life, Shirley. I give nobody the landline number now and if it rings it's a nuisance call 9/10 times.
Well, for me, I have a very short list (perhaps ten at a stretch) of numbers that are ever going to call me, so I thought making a trustlist of those ten and blocking everything else might work. With such a short list I suppose I could just enter them individually.

I can see the points made above about emergency calls from family/school (never going to happen to me) or the NHS (they could still text, as they did for the jab appointment, and they have the landline number anyway, which has voicemail on it). So I don't think I need to allow unknown numbers at all.

I suppose it's just fannying about for the sake of it, really, because I'd do this to block spam calls, and to date, I've never actually had any on my mobile...
Latest Forum Posts