Non-motoring > News Aggregator Green Issues
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 10

News Aggregator - No FM2R
Know a good one?

I've given up on the idea of finding a single worthy news provider and become resigned to reading varied sources.

Any opinions on a good one?

News Aggregator - Manatee
Have you tried News 360?

Depends I think on how much focus you want. Something like Feedly will let you specify publications as well as categories to quite a fine degree but it doesn't work for me- I don't know what I'm interested in until I see it.

I probably know less than you if you've been searching. If I just want to browse while having a tea break it's usually the BBC, which is good for drilling down geographically as well as by category, MSN News, or Google News.
>> Have you tried News 360?

No, so I will, thanks.

>> browse while having a tea break it's usually the BBC,

Me too, but often one needs a different perspective due to the BBC's habit of telling the truth but spinning it differently to attract attention.

>> down geographically as well as by category, MSN News, or Google News.

I find Google news utterly atrocious. Utter sensationalist crap with more adverts/sponsored posts and click bait than one can shake a stick at.

I hadn't thought about MSN News. I seem to recall it being very US centric, but that was quite a long time ago, I'll look again.

Have you tried Flipboard? It's very clever but it makes me feel manipulated for reasons I am not clear about.
p.s. there's several different "News 360"s I've gone for the one from News360 Systems Inc. Perhaps you'd let me know if I've chosen the wrong one.
 News Aggregator - Manatee
news360.com/home
Thanks.
 News Aggregator - Zero
I think it helps to choose and identify your choices to get a good perspective on what really happening, and who is driving and colouring the message from where is an important understanding of that.

For example. Sky News Australia (Murdoch) is a rabidly American right wing trump friendly outlet (they are still saying Clhoronquinine is a good thing) worse in fact that Fox News US (Murdoch) - rabidly right wing trump channel. Whereas strangely Sky News UK (not supposed to be Murdoch but is) is nothing like Sky news Aus or Fox, has little in the way of political leaning.

Google news varies on country ( and even on your past searches). In the UK its pretty middle of the road, in Australia they will be paying Murdoch, so you know where that is going.

So based on that I read the news from source, and vary it by allegiance to get an idea of what's going on.

So for the US I read CNN for the left news, Fox for the Right news, and CBS news for the middle

For the UK I go Daily Express for the swivelled headed r/w loon view, Daily Mail for the r/w loons that dont swivel, independent for the middle, Guardian for soft left, and Daily Mirror for what's left of the left... All on the net, tho I realise net versions of papers are all dumbed down.

For views of the world when something is happening there, I read the local news via google translate (and hope its not lying to me)

Source is important for the why, not an aggregation.
Agreed, but it is back to Manatee's point "I don't know what I'm interested in until I see it." Not completely, obviously, but often.

So for me an aggregator will introduce me to stuff that I didn't know I cared about, which I can then dig into in much the way that you suggest if I choose.

I just want something to pass lots of potentially inveresting, important or valuable stuff in front of my eyes so that I know it exists.

And my first little go with the News360 App is surprisingly hopeful.
 News Aggregator - Stuartli
Have you tried Newzit?

www.newzit.com/
>> Have you tried Newzit?
>>
>> www.newzit.com/

I hadn't but have now. The website is quite informative so I shall hang on to that, thanks. But the Android App is pretty horrible so I'll give that a miss.

Appreciate it.
 News Aggregator - rocket
Good recommendation for newzit Stuartli, thx

though I can now see myself wasting many an hour reading through different slants on the same story.
Latest Forum Posts