Non-motoring > Avant Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 19

Avant - Runfer D'Hills
So sorry to be the bearer etc, but some of you may not follow other forums.

Avant, once a regular contributor here and still active on other motoring related forums sadly passed away suddenly yesterday.

About the the most gentlemanly person I've ever "met" on the Internet.
 Avant - No FM2R
Oh s***, that's terrible. Such a lovely decent bloke.

RIP Avant, you will be missed.
 Avant - Bromptonaut
So sorry to hear that. I had several private exchanges with him in his role as moderator on HJ. Ex Winchester School IIRC - Manners MAyketh Man.
 Avant - Lygonos
:-(
 Avant - Netsur
We all have to go sometime and quickly and unexpectedly is probably best for the individual concerned. But for the people left behind it is awful so I truly feel for his family.

I don't think any forum could ever have had a better moderator. Polite, caring, able to diffuse arguments and clearly a man of great interest and thought. RIP.
 Avant - zippy
Very very sad news!
 Avant - R.P.
Very much as Humph says - in regular contact with him during HJ days. Very sad news.
 Avant - legacylad
So very sad indeed. RIP Avant.
 Avant - Haywain
Just as others have stated, I had built up a picture of a very decent man; I am saddened to learn of his passing.
 Avant - Clk Sec
Avant came across as a thoroughly decent chap, as I am sure he was.

RIP.
 Avant - commerdriver
>> Avant came across as a thoroughly decent chap, as I am sure he was.
>>
Absolutely, very sad news
 Avant - Fullchat
I can only echo what has already been said.

RIP Avant.
 Avant - smokie
Sad news indeed
 Avant - Manatee
Avant moderated sensitively and with humour, sometimes a thankless job. Sorry to hear this, sympathy to his family.
 Avant - Zero
Wot? Jeez thats a shocker.
 Avant - Robin O'Reliant
Sorry to hear this.
 Avant - PeterS
I can’t add anything to what’s already been posted, but condolences to his family and friends.
Going suddenly has, in many circumstance, a lot to commend it at an individual level, but its certainly incredibly hard on those left
RIP Avant
 Avant - VxFan
Can't think of anything to add, that hasn't already been said, other than I got the impression he was still quite young and had plenty of years still ahead of him. Mid 40's perhaps???

RIP.
 Avant - The Melting Snowman
Yes very sad news, seemed a thoroughly decent man. He was 72, he mentioned it in a post a few weeks ago and had retired to Dorset with his wife.
 Avant - bathtub tom
There's a thread on t'other side that says he was in his early seventies. I won't add anything further other than to say I believe praise and brickbats should be given to the living.
Latest Forum Posts