Non-motoring > Morrisons Phone Order and Delivery Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 13

Morrisons Phone Order and Delivery - zippy
my.morrisons.com/doorstep-deliveries/

It may be a bit late in the lockdown but we have recently found that Morrisons offer a service where one phones their order in and it gets delivered on a COD basis.

Brilliant for anyone still isolating who does not have a computer. If you know anyone who could use this service let them know.

We have been doing MILs shopping for her but she much prefers the independence that this gives her.

(Well done Morrisons!)
 Morrisons Phone Order and Delivery - stan10
I have near neighbours who are both elderly and vulnerable who might benefit, but i would like a bit more info if you can ..

They've always been Tesco shoppers, but i've never seen a Tesco van outside theirs, so presume they haven't a computer for online deliveries, but i do see him driving away occasionally, i'm sure to shop instore.

So - my Q? - if they have been traditional Tesco shoppers for so long, would you know how they can see (without a computer) what products Morrisons offer?

(I'm anticipating this as a question from them).

As you say, - (they, [Morry's] may be a bit late, but nevertheless ... " Well done Morrisons!) "

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

Morrisons Phone Order and Delivery - CGNorwich
"So - my Q? - if they have been traditional Tesco shoppers for so long, would you know how they can see (without a computer) what products Morrisons offer?"

They have a list of 70 basic items you can order. Enough to survive on but doesnt included exotic foods like like jam or lamb chops and the only biscuits are custard creams but I guess it could be a lifeline

Full details here:

www.chargedretail.co.uk/2020/04/22/morrisons-launches-telesales-service-offering-next-day-delivery-to-most-vulnerable-and-elderly/
 Morrisons Phone Order and Delivery - Crankcase
Back st the start of all this, a year ago, we couldn't get a delivery from anywhere for love or money. Morrisons did a "food box" where you couldn't choose anything but got a range of useful items. It was about thirty quid delivered and we were mighty grateful.

I've just discovered they still do something similar.

www.morrisons.com/food-boxes/

Morrisons Phone Order and Delivery - smokie
I tried them twice during first lockdown and the available list was pretty small and both times when it came quite a few items were missing. But I do have some sympathy with what the retailers were up against. I'm sure they wouldn't have done it deliberately.

Tesco can be annoying, if you do your list early then something on it goes out of stock you don't get notified in any way, it just disappears off your list. So each time at the deadline you have to recheck the list to see if anything has gone. But their substitutions usually work well.
Thanks for all the answers,

CGN - thanks for that link, i will print the info/form off for them so they could order by phone, if they decide to go with it, at least it might give them a 'safer' option than shopping instore.

Their decision of course ..

Thanks again all.

Stan - just a thought - and not meaning to sound nasty but maybe it's further than you want to go - but you could do a Tesco order for them.

Even if you have your own account, you can have Tesco deliver to another address. I think their deliveries are now £4.50 any time and need to be over £40 so it'd need to a worthwhile amount. We had some treats delivered to Birmingham daughter at Christmas so her address is still in our address book and she nearly ended up with our next weekly shop by accident!!
 Morrisons Phone Order and Delivery - bathtub tom
>> We had some treats delivered to Birmingham daughter at Christmas so her address is still in our address book and she nearly ended up with our next weekly shop by accident!!

We do a click-n-collect. We have two large Tesco in town, SWMBO sent me to the wrong one!
Sorry for the late reply Smokie, i'm having probs with the dreaded blue screen last couple of weeks.

I was expecting your suggestion re Tesco from someone, and i had considered that option, but here's a bit of background.

During the first lockdown another neighbour did instore shopping for them weekly, but eventually felt the need to extract themselves because they felt it had become "their job" to run errands, even on an "ad hoc" basis .. eg.

(Remembering the shortages at that time) - "we asked for medium eggs - you've got us large/small ones". Also, "sorry we forgot to ask for bread yesterday, can you get us one today ?

Also - they have two adult children with their own families, and although the nearest one is about an hour's drive away, both "must Shirley?" have computers, so could give them all the support needed.

So, i'm wary of getting in too deep, but they're still decent people so if i can help them to help themselves ...

Update - I spoke to them yesterday, info was received with a polite, but unenthusiastic "thank you", oh well, i will still keep an eye on them though.

Ah, I completely understand that Stan, it's reminded me of a situation I got myself into many years back where a bit of occasional help turned into a dependency on me.
 Morrisons Phone Order and Delivery - No FM2R
>> turned into a dependency on me

I said sorry.
Haha :-)
 Morrisons Phone Order and Delivery - PeterS
Nice service, though not strictly COD as they won’t take cash... Might be worth seeing if a local village store type place will deliver; last year in wave one of lockdown the local stores (independent, not chain) in Boxgrove (near Goodwood) and Arundel offered local delivery, with payment either over the phone, online banking or at the door. Their prices were higher than a supermarket , though they didn’t ramp them up, but the service was brilliant. I still use them for some stuff, though I’ll collect. The local septuagenarians were delighted with the service
 Morrisons Phone Order and Delivery - legacylad
Feeling fortunate not to have to use a food delivery service.
When I used to own a car I’d drive the 15 miles to Skipton where my nearest supermarkets were located. Morrisons, Aldi, Tesco, plus an M & S Simply Food. I’d normally visit two, once a fortnight about 7ish.
A good excuse for a 30 mile round trip, an evening stroll around Skipton and grab a take out curry.
Home in time for last orders chez LL.
Latest Forum Posts