Non-motoring > Lidar Map Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 11

Lidar Map - Zero
here is an interesting site, an Aerial Lidar map, your place may not be covered, but great for spotting remains of interesting foundations

houseprices.io/lab/lidar/map
 Lidar Map - No FM2R
Interesting, but I had to Google.....

www.geospatialworld.net/blogs/what-is-lidar-technology-and-how-does-it-work/

data.gov.uk/dataset/f0db0249-f17b-4036-9e65-309148c97ce4/national-lidar-programme
 Lidar Map - Bobby
In my current job I have a program similar to Google maps that allows you to select older versions of held maps, going back centuries, to overlay to present.

Can be fascinating at times to see the differences.
 Lidar Map - Zero
>> In my current job I have a program similar to Google maps that allows you
>> to select older versions of held maps, going back centuries, to overlay to present.

Magic?
 Lidar Map - Bromptonaut
>> In my current job I have a program similar to Google maps that allows you
>> to select older versions of held maps, going back centuries, to overlay to present.
>>
>> Can be fascinating at times to see the differences.

If it's not a state secret what department are you in that needs that functionality?
 Lidar Map - cosec
A mate of mine runs an archeology business and I know he has access to similar kit.
 Lidar Map - CGNorwich
"in my current job I have a program similar to Google maps that allows you to select older versions of held maps, going back centuries, to overlay to present. "

I think I manyhave mentioned this before but if you got to the Scottish National Library site they have historical Ordnance surve for the entire country, not just Scotland going back to 1843

You can compare various versions of the the maps either side by side or as an overlay with another map or an up to date Google map

As well as the Ordnace Survey maps they also have a lot of other maps including a Germany Army map of Scotalnd (Karte von Schottland) 1941-42 and British Army Trench maps for Belgium and France for the Frist World War

maps.nls.uk/index.html

Lidar Map - Crankcase
At one point we were trying to work out whether the L shape of our house was pre or post any sort of requirements for permissions of some kind.

We found it on that 1843 OS map with the L shape drawn, so stopped using words like "retrospective" over breakfast.
 Lidar Map - Zero
The NLS mapping engine is very good. good selection too.
 Lidar Map - sherlock47
to get the most useful visualisation , select a point and then left click and produce a 3D version.

Took me a little while to explore this. Why is it that the parts you really wish to explore have not been scanned yet!
 Lidar Map - R.P.
Before lockdown, went to a series of lectures on this (Check out Dr Toby Driver) awesomely interesting subject. We now have one of these robot vacuum cleaners - It has Lidar as well, but not half as interesting.
 Lidar Map - sooty123
My house isn't on there, but I did learn of a train station that closed in the 1960s that used to run on a line about hundred yards away.
Latest Forum Posts