Non-motoring > Thermostat Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 17

Thermostat - MD
Apart from Manuel administering a poke in the eye, is there any way of getting a woman to understand THERMOSTAT ??
 Thermostat - No FM2R
No.

And continued attempts can cause considerable pain and suffering. But not to them.
 Thermostat - Robin O'Reliant
My house is at present like the inside of an oven on Christmas day. Mrs O'Reliant insists on the heat going up before her shower "So she has a warm towel".

This has no bearing on the fact that it may be 32 degrees in the shade in the middle of July, the towel "Still won't be warm enough and she does like a warm towel".
 Thermostat - hawkeye
>> My house is at present like the inside of an oven on Christmas day. Mrs
>> O'Reliant insists on the heat going up before her shower "So she has a warm
>> towel".
>>
Mrs H likes a warm towel too. Our house has the bathroom rad and the ensuite towel rail connected to the return pipework from the coil that heats the hot water cylinder. This means that the towels get heated whenever the hot water comes on; morning and evening in our case. The room thermostat and those fiddling with it don't get a look in. I can't see how this might work with a combi boiler and no hot water storage but our heat pump manages OK.
 Thermostat - slowdown avenue
you are not alone
 Thermostat - Zero
>> Apart from Manuel administering a poke in the eye, is there any way of getting
>> a woman to understand THERMOSTAT ??

You have two chances

No chance and NFC.
 Thermostat - Crankcase
Just replace the existing one with another secret one run by your phone, and leave the original one on the wall having covertly snipped the wires.

Everyone happy.
 Thermostat - Zero
Surprisingly more common than you think........
 Thermostat - smokie
Do you mean wife or thermostat CC? :-)
 Thermostat - legacylad
They understand the word if you take off the last 3 letters.
And tell them to get their finger out and hurry up making the sandwiches.

My thermostat is set at 15C early AM and for a couple of hours in the evening, 17C if it’s bitterly cold. I hate warm stuffy houses.
 Thermostat - Zero

I guess the ladies cant help it, It would be nice if their internal core temperature stayed the same, like ours.
 Thermostat - Lygonos
>>They understand the word if you take off the last 3 letters.
>>And tell them to get their finger out and hurry up making the sandwiches.

I heard divorce is expensive so I'll pass on that
 Thermostat - Zero
>> >>They understand the word if you take off the last 3 letters.
>> >>And tell them to get their finger out and hurry up making the sandwiches.
>>
>> I heard divorce is expensive so I'll pass on that

Yeah, a wife is not just for Christmas.
 Thermostat - Manatee
>> They understand the word if you take off the last 3 letters.
>> And tell them to get their finger out and hurry up making the sandwiches.
>>
>> My thermostat is set at 15C early AM and for a couple of hours in
>> the evening, 17C if it’s bitterly cold. I hate warm stuffy houses.

The issue is presumably not the temperature but how to reach and maintain it.

I have a bit to do with the village hall. It has a timer, and when it's in daily use we leave the thermostat at 15 degrees so it isn't freezing when hirers turn up. They are asked to move it to 20 or so while they are there if they are cold, and back to 15 when they leave. Many when they arrive want heat immediately and they spin it round to 30 where it often ends up being left. Peak heat is reached when there is nobody there.

The house we are renting has no thermostat at all. Winter has been alternate freezing and sweltering, the very experience that these thermostat deniers seem to be seeking.
 Thermostat - hawkeye
No chance at all. Our Heatmiser V2 thermostats can be locked; symptomatic of a truly shocking lack of trust on my part. So I'm told.

If Mrs H feels cold, she is well capable of lighting the woodburner, which she does often enough. After a while, by the unforgiving power of technology, the themostats switch the heating off. Amazing really.

Next question; how does one get the other half to empty the ash?
Last edited by: hawkeye on Fri 26 Feb 21 at 14:17
 Thermostat - maltrap
Fit TRV's
 Thermostat - MD
>> Next question; how does one get the other half to empty the ash?
>>
OR... to pop the dogs out for a tinkle or such stuff. Reply:

I can't in the dark. I had the wrong shoes. The grass is wet.

It's just not gonna happen....................
 Thermostat - R.P.
We have one of these Nest thermostats fitted.It's great...works from our mobiles, very handy.
Latest Forum Posts