Non-motoring > Encyclopedia Britannica Car Deals
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 11

Encyclopedia Britannica - No FM2R
Anybody got any idea what a complete and perfect set from 1911 might be worth or where I could find out?

The things we get donated!
 Encyclopedia Britannica - Crankcase
www.abebooks.co.uk lists two at the moment, one at £295, the other at £549.

They may not match exactly what you have of course.

I just put 1911 in the keyword box when searching.

Edit - a professional book dealer will probably be operating on (at least) a 400% markup, so quarter that price if selling to a dealer wouldn't be surprising.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Tue 23 Feb 21 at 19:02
 Encyclopedia Britannica - Fullchat
I saw what appeared to be a full set sat in a 1 ton gravel sack adjacent to the book recycling bin at the local tip last year. Definitely not of the vintage you describe but a crying shame nevertheless? I wonder how much in real terms they would have cost.
I suppose the sales staff moved on to double glazing and solar panels.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Tue 23 Feb 21 at 19:28
 Encyclopedia Britannica - No FM2R
Shame isn't it. Large parts of my education involved heavy usage of the EB. I was a regular in the local reference library.

Knowledge itself is devalued these days. When you can nothing anything you want in 10 seconds, it's difficult to justify the effort involved in learning. Well, not for me, I like knowing stuff. But I'm not sure that is common amongst the younger ones.
 Encyclopedia Britannica - Terry
Knowledge and learning has completely morphed from knowing the answer to knowing the right question to ask.

Encyclopedia Britannica - Zero
we have moved from knowledge and learning to on tap information. The later requires no intelligence or effort which is why you end up with people believing crap.
 Encyclopedia Britannica - henry k
>> Anybody got any idea what a complete and perfect set from 1911 might be worth or where I could find out?
>>
I would suggest sadly little or no value.
Ebay has many sets for sale but a search of completed items shows very little green ink.
 Encyclopedia Britannica - Duncan
A complete set of EB, nicely bound, would be a good backdrop for a Zoom meeting,
 Encyclopedia Britannica - Zero
>> A complete set of EB, nicely bound, would be a good backdrop for a Zoom
>> meeting,
>>

Its available as free virtual backdrop download
 Encyclopedia Britannica - Duncan

>> Its available as free virtual backdrop download
>>

Tried that, can't get it, my software, or summat, is too old (just like me, I hear you say).
 Encyclopedia Britannica - tyrednemotional
If you ask Mark nicely, he might lend them to you for a photo-shoot....

;-)
 Encyclopedia Britannica - tyrednemotional
...beat me, Z!
Latest Forum Posts