Non-motoring > Haircuts Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 91

Haircuts - Duncan
What are you doing about getting your hair cut during lockdown? I am normally quite fastidious about having my hair cut every month. I missed for three months during lockdown 1 (was it?). Got a cut in at the beginning of December and as there is no obvious sign of Lockdown (3 is it?) ending any time soon, I decided to buy myself some clippers and do it at home.

Yesterday was my first attempt, and with the longest comb - number 8 - on the clippers, away I went. If I say so myself, it didn't look at all bad. Not a huge amount taken off, but that was quite deliberate.

Today, I thought I would use a number 4. Hmm. Mistake, without a doubt, do not run before you can walk. Too much off in some areas, not enough in others. We have drawn stumps, see if lady Duncan notices and comments, perhaps have another go tomorrow... or the day after... or perhaps the day after that?

What are you doing about getting your hair cut?
 Haircuts - Bromptonaut
I think we've done this before!!

Traditionally, well for last 20 years or so, I've had a barber/hairdresser do a number 4 clipper at the back and scissor cut for the rest. Various places from the unisex hairdresser in the village up to £40 (lawyers prices) at Blades in the City of London. Gradually gone shorter on top as the 'nature's perm' curls of my youth straightened out. Didn't go as often as I should, at times it was well over my ears and collar. Would have got a 'get you hair cut laddie' from the Judges I clerked for in my late teens and early twenties - 79/80 ish.

Was thus well overdue at the start of lockdown.

Bought a Wahl clipper, cordless with a range of combs, in early April.

Started with 4 up the back and sides but 6 on top. Too much effort and I now use a 4 all over. Brush back on top and down at the sides and it looks fine. Well scruffy at the moment abd as I've got a Zoom meeting with regional co-ordinators at work tomorrow my plan for this afternoon, after dealing with return of faulty telly and collection of replacement is to do a cut.

Old sheets used to cover myself, my desk chair and the carpet. Borrow the big mirror from SWMBO's dressing table and we're fit to go.

Follow up with a change of clothes and a shower.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 1 Feb 21 at 11:44
 Haircuts - Manatee
I'm growing it. Can't decide between the man bun and the ponytail.
 Haircuts - Haywain
I must admit that I panic-bought a haircut when I sensed the imminent arrival of the latest lockdown; I visited the barber at 7 weeks rather than the usual 8 weeks. At the moment, it still isn't too bad.

A well-respected jazz pianist friend entered the first lockdown with something little more than a crew-cut and, by September, he looked like Beethoven; IMO it really suited him and his profession, and he's kept it that way.
 Haircuts - Zero
>> I'm growing it. Can't decide between the man bun and the ponytail.

Turban? DO NOT chose pigtails.
 Haircuts - Dog
>>Can't decide between the man bun and the ponytail.

Man bun, ponytails are 20th century.
 Haircuts - Zero
Oh gosh Lockdowns and hair

During Lockdown #1 I bought babyliss hair clippers. www.johnlewis.com/babyliss-7758u-crew-cut-hair-clippers/p5087211*

I went for those because pre lockdown I was a #4 all over man at the hairdressers, and they are very very easy to get an even cut allover with no clumps or tufts.

I then became obsessed with hair style, and have refined it to #4 on top #3 round back and side and graduated #3 > #1 round ears - now done once a week.

Thats boring so I moved to growing and trimming a beard. That is now a #1 sideburns, tache & drops #2 jaw neck and chin. All with sharp defined edges.

I guess I need to start on the back crack and sack next

*I told you what ones to buy during lockdown #1, why u no risten?

Last edited by: Zero on Mon 1 Feb 21 at 12:04
 Haircuts - helicopter
I bought the same clippers as Zero cost £49 during Lockdown 1 and gave myself a couple of haircuts using No 4 comb all over except for round the ears where I use the graduated 1-4 comb.

Went back to my own barbers a couple of times in summer, £10 a cut .

I was on Tenerife for all of lockdown 2 and had a cut there in Mid November costing €8.

Just returned to home cutting last week as hair had two months growth, pretty easy to cut with a bit of practice.Hair now looks OK,trickiest bit is round the back and ears.

My barber told me that a lot of customers had not returned after lockdown 1 as they had found how easy it was to do it yourself.

Haircuts - Clk Sec
Mrs CS has been cutting my hair for the last 30 years. She does an excellent job, and doesn't ask me where I'm going on Saturday night...
 Haircuts - Zero
>> Mrs CS has been cutting my hair for the last 30 years. She does an
>> excellent job, and doesn't ask me where I'm going on Saturday night...

Does she ask you "Anything for the weekend sir?"?
 Haircuts - Duncan
>> Oh gosh Lockdowns and hair
>>
>> During Lockdown #1 I bought babyliss hair clippers. www.johnlewis.com/babyliss-7758u-crew-cut-hair-clippers/p5087211*

>> *I told you what ones to buy during lockdown #1, why u no risten?

Because linky no worky. I suspect because you left the asterisk in!
 Haircuts - Duncan
So many of these posts and threads have a certain familiarity to them.

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=27790&v=f
 Haircuts - No FM2R
>>I then became obsessed with hair style, and have refined it to #4 on top #3 round back and side and graduated #3 > #1 round ears - now done once a week.

You really are bored. I don't know which number I use because my trimmer seems to have a set of numbers with no relation to any known scale. Very short all over the head, slightly less short on the beard. It'll probably end up all the same since changing numbers on the trimmer, or more accurately remembering to do so, is more effort than I really want to put in.

>>Thats boring so I moved to growing and trimming a beard. That is now a #1 sideburns, tache & drops #2 jaw neck and chin. All with sharp defined edges.

I've never had a beard before, I don't think, though I have never shaved. Half a dozen times in my life, I suppose. I've been designer stubble since before Clint Eastwood or the Designers.

However, thought I'd have a go this time. It's utter hell until you get the other side of the itchy bit.

Still, now got a beard which I and one daughter like. The rest of the family, and quite a number of Chileans, don't.

At least it's actually a beard now so I look a little less like a homeless alcoholic.

>>All with sharp defined edges.

Nope. Didn't do that. Me trimming something would be like trying to shorten the one leg on a table causing it to rock.

Haircuts - sooty123

>> At least it's actually a beard now so I look a little less like a
>> homeless alcoholic.

Are you mistaken for one often? ;-)
 Haircuts - No FM2R
You have no idea.

Haircuts - sooty123
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xbj6Da-KSQ
 Haircuts - No FM2R
I'm not fat and noisy eating should be punishable by death, but other than that....
 Haircuts - Kevin
>..Very short all over the head, slightly less short on the beard.

How do people know that you haven't got your head on upside down?
 Haircuts - smokie
Cos they can see which bit he's talking out of.

Oh no, that bit wouldn't have moved :-)
Last edited by: smokie on Mon 1 Feb 21 at 16:00
 Haircuts - No FM2R
>>Old sheets used to cover myself, my desk chair and the carpet. Borrow the big mirror from SWMBO's dressing table and we're fit to go.

Sounds like a bit of a palaver.

Why do you need the mirror if it is the same all over? As for the mess, stand in the shower and trim your hair immediately before having a shower.
 Haircuts - Zero
>> >>Old sheets used to cover myself, my desk chair and the carpet. Borrow the big
>> mirror from SWMBO's dressing table and we're fit to go.
>>
>> Sounds like a bit of a palaver.

Tiled bathroom floor, Dyson stick vacuum, shower. No palaver.
 Haircuts - No FM2R
Tiled bathroom floor, Maids. Even less palaver.

Though as I say it's usually done standing in the shower.
 Haircuts - helicopter
I use a leather stool on my tiled kitchen floor, shirt off, cut hair, dustpan and brush, sweep up and the hair goes in the bin, I go in the shower. 20 minute job.
 Haircuts - VxFan
I just wait until the council are passing and ask to borrow their strimmer for 10 mins.
 Haircuts - Duncan
>> I just wait until the council are passing and ask to borrow their strimmer for
>> 10 mins.
>>

Yes, it shows.
 Haircuts - Crankcase
Mrs C said she'd "give it a go" last week. We got out a garden chair and a pudding bowl.

I have to say the end result might have been improved had she used the chair as a guide and I'd sat on the bowl.
 Haircuts - Falkirk Bairn
The barber I use said the he had lost 25% of his regulars after the first lock down.

£20+ for clippers is "money saving" after 2/3 haircuts.

I will not be taking that path. A son gouged out a piece of hair in the back of his son's head - it was not pretty - the difference between a good haircut & a bad haircut is about 2 weeks.
 Haircuts - sooty123
The OH does mine, got a barbers cape. 2 all over every 3/4 weeks. I think I'll go back to the barbers when they are open, the chap at the local one does a good job, plus did all the shaves etc.
 Haircuts - smokie
Been doing my own for years. I tend to do it blind so SWMBO tidies it at the end and checks for missed bits. Except in winter I often do it in the garden. Clippings always go in with the compost.
 Haircuts - Robin O'Reliant
I've been doing mine for the past year, saved not only X* the cost of the clippers but the bother of visiting the barbers and wasting an hour sitting in a queue.

Like FM I have no idea what number guard I use but I keep mine at just respectable side of skinhead, not too short but just enough so my mornings grooming consists of wiping my hand over my head to smooth it down. And it doesn't blow about in the wind, either.

Barbers are now a thing of the past.

Haircuts - Lygonos
My fringe now reaches my mouth (I just sweep it back 'cos I'm lazy)

Colleague's trimmer broke so he got a new one (different brand), set it to "3" (his usual medium-short setting) and is now sporting an almost cue-ball noggin.

After the first pass he had no choice but to finish the deed :-)
 Haircuts - Runfer D'Hills
I passed through the homeless alcoholic stage last summer. It's more a sort of Robinson Crusoe vibe these days.
 Haircuts - Zero
>> I passed through the homeless alcoholic stage last summer. It's more a sort of Robinson
>> Crusoe vibe these days.

Your music Rob.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE10msGsCn4
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 1 Feb 21 at 17:29
 Haircuts - Runfer D'Hills
Wonder where he got the orchestra from on yon wee island?
 Haircuts - bathtub tom
Last had my haircut August. Managed to get some clippers last week (my, they are getting scarce) and SWMBO had a go at me. Still, it gave us a good laugh, but she won't let me have a go at hers.
 Haircuts - MD
A go at her what?
 Haircuts - legacylad
Nothing. It normally gets cut every 6 months. Last cut was early October in Spain when it was unseasonably hot. 6 weeks to go. Maybe longer. Who cares so long as it’s clean which it always is.
 Haircuts - Bromptonaut
>> Your music Rob.
>>

Love that tune and have it as my ringtone.
 Haircuts - No FM2R
>>Love that tune

Me too, even have it on Spotify.

>>have it as my ringtone.

I have the 15 seconds from 0:35 - 0:50 of this.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7am92y-_dc
 Haircuts - Bromptonaut
>> >>Love that tune
>>
>> Me too, even have it on Spotify.

That too, part of my Eclectic playlist on whatever purveyor of stored music I'm currently using.

These days it's Amazon but once it was all on an MP3 player.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 1 Feb 21 at 22:23
 Haircuts - Zero
This is my ringtone
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBKFAVr5GE4

I used to have this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXqF3et4YW4
 Haircuts - Kevin
I have Henry Hall's Orchestra for both my alarm tone and ringtone. Just to cheer me up.

"The Sun has got his hat on."
 Haircuts - Manatee
>> I have Henry Hall's Orchestra for both my alarm tone and ringtone. Just to cheer
>> me up.
>>
>> "The Sun has got his hat on."

That song has some interesting lyrics by todays mores IIRC.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sun_Has_Got_His_Hat_On

I like Henry Hall. My dad used to burst out with his comic songs occasionally.

I like bananas (because they have no bones).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJmmBXhsYaU
 Haircuts - No FM2R
>>Henry Hall's Orchestra

There's a blast;

I used to love Teddy Bear's Picnic and The Big Bad Wolf.
 Haircuts - Zero
>> This is my ringtone
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBKFAVr5GE4

And before you ask, Gabrielle Drake.
 Haircuts - No FM2R
>> >> This is my ringtone
>> >> www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBKFAVr5GE4
>>
>> And before you ask, Gabrielle Drake.
>>

Wanda Ventham, as any fule kno.
 Haircuts - Crankcase
UFO and Stingray, Zero! Only last night we were playing the "play the theme tune from Spotify, see if the other one can guess it in five seconds or less" and both of those came up.

I like the Joe 90 theme the best.

Here you go if you want to play along

open.spotify.com/album/2DAFw5X6Ll6OikILSDhKA7
open.spotify.com/playlist/3Eqkrzex5JAlRaVD82dzud
open.spotify.com/album/0afkOxN5LzmMr3slmUhi6F

Haircuts - Bromptonaut
>> Sounds like a bit of a palaver.

It just works. Need the mirror to avoid crests, spikes etc. Takes several passes to get it all same length.

Hair in the shower's trap is enough of a problem as it is.

Took about 25 mins from grabbing sheets etc until entering the shower. Seems OK once every 4 weeks.
 Haircuts - hawkeye
Mrs H has done a fine job for many years. I gave her a break about 20 years ago when I grew my hair into a mid-life-crisis pony tail. Buckling under pressure from the family, she tried to sneakily snip it off while I was asleep. There was no way back from that incident and we've been in normal haircutting routine since, apart from a couple of truly awful visits to a nearby haircutting start-up in what used to be the village pet-food shop. I look after the beard with clippers. Lockdown hasn't affected the hair-cutting routine.

Oh and my ringtone is the old Nokia Circles 3D.
Last edited by: hawkeye on Tue 2 Feb 21 at 05:08
 Haircuts - tyrednemotional
My ringtone is the first 18 seconds or so of this, on a loop:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6M89iDabwM

Interesting and little-known fact is that half of Fleetwood Mac played on that recording.

...as you were....
 Haircuts - Crankcase
Mine is this one

downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/rollercoaster-tycoon-3/Girls%2520Like%2520Spice.mp3

It's from Roller Coaster Tycoon, from one of the spinning rides.

Played at full volume, I think it's very evocative of those times when you're being whizzed about feeling a bit sick and swirly, and then a grinning gentleman with no teeth sways up behind you and asks you for sixpence.

I have it starting at about second 48.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Tue 2 Feb 21 at 09:32
 Haircuts - smokie
As I'm a bit mutton, I like something which is loud and easily recognisable from the start so at the moment I have the Peaky Blinders theme, at full volume.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv-TXr0CbKI

I still miss calls but at least it's because I tend to leave the phone in a place where I'm not, if you see what I mean.
Last edited by: smokie on Tue 2 Feb 21 at 09:42
 Haircuts - Robin O'Reliant
This is mine -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZpMI6U0j_M
 Haircuts - Kevin
How long is the cable for it? Or don't you go very far?
 Haircuts - Manatee
>>I have the Peaky Blinders theme

Ooh that's good.

I'm on this at the moment - Jimmy Rushing, Ain't Misbehavin'. Most music sounds terrible on a phone, this is at least recognisable.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUVlKvY8OO8

I struggle to find a ringtone that gets my attention when the phone is in my trouser pocket as it usually is. Think I might be a bit mutton as well.
 Haircuts - CGNorwich
Most on hear could do with a hearing test I think!
 Haircuts - maltrap
As i'm "follicly challenged" i don't have a lot to cut.

Mrs m reluctantly uses a corded Wahl 100 series clipper which she finds too heavy.

The Wahl combs are numbered in 1/8 ths of an inch, so a no 4 is 1/2 inch.
 Haircuts - Duncan
>> The Wahl combs are numbered in 1/8 ths of an inch, so a no 4
>> is 1/2 inch.

www.wahl.co.uk/clipper-cutting-lengths/

Would she find a cordless lighter?
Last edited by: Duncan on Tue 2 Feb 21 at 17:35
 Haircuts - Bromptonaut
www.facebook.com/SilverSurfers50/photos/a.425990670754996/3866927066661322/
 Talking About Haircuts - Bromptonaut
So the fact we're talking about hair care influences the ads we're fed.

This afternoon I've was getting them for barber's supplier Hair Crew.

The specific product was No Hair Crew targeted at genitalia.....

Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 2 Feb 21 at 22:42
 Talking About Haircuts - Duncan
Exactly four weeks has gone since my first try at DIY, so today I had another go.

Much more cautious this time. Number 8 and no deviation from that, can't really see much difference, some hair on the floor, but not much gone from my head?

Lady Duncan is not keen on doing it. A friend's wife has offered, but I am not too keen, we are 'sposed to be social distancing anyway. Shall I ask my cleaner when we get out of tier 4, or whatever?

I can't really see this this working, I think the brand new clippers are going to be gathering dust when this business is all over and I will have gone back to my £11 + £2 tip barbers.
 Talking About Haircuts - Zero
Well a number 8 clearly didnt cut it then. (did you see what I did there?) try a no 6.
 Talking About Haircuts - Bromptonaut
Quick scan of this thread reveals that it's 4 weeks since my last all over with the Wahl No4.

Roughly doubled in length over that time. Another go tomorrow. At least I'll look smart for the monthly Zoom meeting with my colleagues on Tuesday.
 Talking About Haircuts - zippy
>> can't really see this this working, I think the brand new clippers are going to be gathering dust >>when this business is all over and I will have gone back to my £11 + £2 tip barbers.

I could not agree more.

There is a small sense of luxury in getting a professional barber to apply a number 3 on the sides and trim on top.

Just before the start of the December lock down I went to my local and they were busy so slotted me in to the ladies next door. Now that was an experience - I was totally pampered.

I just need to remember to use the correct door when I go back when we are allowed (currently well over my collar).
 beards- Beard oil? - Zero
I know a few of us are fairly recent recruits to the bearded community,

I know mark went itchy, I get the idea he went caveman unkempt. Myself? I have decided to go experimental, and have reached for the Sherif of Nottingham look, a kind of hybrid Van Dyke.

But beard oil? whod'a thought such stuff existed. Its not just a matter of giving up shaving I have discovered.

Yes I have a shedling, Yes I have a beard, but sandals? Dont own a pair.
 beards- Beard oil? - No FM2R
I did go caveman unkempt and it did get itchy.

I see no point in having a beard and then having to shave as well.

I have compromised on caveman semi-kempt - Mostly uncontrolled but with a trimmer periodically raked through it to stop it getting too straggly.

Yes, I have sandals, Yes I have a beard, but a shedling? No, got a life instead.
 beards- Beard oil? - legacylad

>> Yes, I have sandals, Yes I have a beard, but a shedling? No, got a
>> life instead.

Last time I grew a beard was in ‘97 which began on an extended trek overseas. The consensus was that it aged me, so it didn’t last very long.

Haircuts, max of 3 a year...I’ll probably get another late October in the expectation of higher temps in Spain.

Sandals x 3 (Keen & Chaco) Tents x 2 (Hilleberg & Tarptent) Sleeping bags x 5 (Rab & PHD)
 beards- Beard oil? - Runfer D'Hills
I have had a goatee for years. But I'm thinking of shaving it off now that the others are starting to do it. Bit like "private" reg plates, I had one of those too, but once the hoi polloi got involved I binned it.

;-)

>> one of those too, but once the hoi polloi got involved I binned it.

I heard it fell off after a kerb shock.
 beards- Beard oil? - BiggerBadderDave
If everybody does it, I absolutely won't.

I dress the same as I did in the 70s, jeans, boots and a t-shirt, but only boot-cut jeans unfortunately, just can't find proper flares. I see they're starting to get popular though so I'll be delighted if I can buy some just don't want to be seen as a copier. I get a lot of sniggers - the bloke in cowboy boots. I don't think they've ever seen a pair before.

I haven't shaved for a few days and I can't remember when I last showered. She's only gone and bought a hot tub without me knowing. I was so angry but I have to say, I love it. Just don't want to see the leccy bill...
 beards- Beard oil? - Manatee
I'll give you the cowboy boots but you can't rebel by wearing jeans and a T shirt?

I admit to owning a pair of jeans. The current ones are probably 15 years old. I wear them while decorating or cleaning the gutters out.

I haven't owned a pair of trainers since I tried jogging in 1978 (once was enough).

Might stick with home haircuts. Nobody has noticed, or at least commented, and I've actually got better at it. Also, my previous coiffeuse has not come back post-pandemic, and all the local places have put the prices up - e.g.

All-Over 1 Grade £13.50
All-Over 2 Grades £14.50
Haircut £18.50

My place was a couple of quid cheaper than the average but I was paying £9 + £2 tip. £18.50? No chance.

beards- Beard oil? - James Loveless
My hairdressers in the very middle-class local town charges £17 for OAPs, which includes a wash.

It's gone up a lot recently.
 beards- Beard oil? - Runfer D'Hills
Shorts May to September, jeans October to April. Unless someone is getting married, when it's a kilt, or if someone dies, a suit.
 beards- Beard oil? - bathtub tom
I used to grow a beard during the Winter. Kept my chin warm when cycling to work and walking the dog. I used to get some stick for not trimming it to shape, but it was there to serve a purpose.

Don't have a job or a dog now I'm retired.
 beards- Beard oil? - Dog
Back when we lived in Hastings, one of my customers had a 'proper' beard bout a foot long.

When I next saw him he had shaved it all orf - he reckoned it used to part when he rode his motorsickle.

Well, it would, wooden tit.

>> Yes, I have sandals, Yes I have a beard,

so has beard oil become accepted in the Santiago Taliban yet?
I didn't even know that beard oil was a thing until you mentioned it. I certainly shall not be using it.
 beards- Beard oil? - Bromptonaut
I've never heard of beard oil either.

Kept a goatee since 1996, would grow a full set but cheeks are a bit sparse. Trim it as required with a Phillips device that vacuums the trimmings into a 'dust cup'. Probably give it some attention tomorrow as Thursday is an office day.
 beards- Beard oil? - Robin O'Reliant
A full length drooping moustache here, but recently been thinking of one of those Victorian type ones that twirl upwards at the edges. Perhaps a monocle and a bow tie to go with it.
 beards- Beard oil? - Bromptonaut
>> A full length drooping moustache here, but recently been thinking of one of those Victorian
>> type ones that twirl upwards at the edges. Perhaps a monocle and a bow tie
>> to go with it.

The Lord Charles look?
>>
>>
>> The Lord Charles look?
>>

Why not?

One needs to re-invent now and again, rather like Dr Who.
>> A full length drooping moustache here, but recently been thinking of one of those Victorian
>> type ones that twirl upwards at the edges.

You'll need moustache wax for that, you can get dandy perfumed stuff.
>> You'll need moustache wax for that, you can get dandy perfumed stuff.

I've got a tub of Turtle Wax.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 1 Sep 21 at 02:29
not stiff enough, and people will call you fish face
>>>> A full length drooping moustache here

The Mexican bandido type look?

I always fancied one of those, but I have two inexplicable gaps between the top of the lip bit and the down the side of the face bit, if that makes sense.
>> The Mexican bandido type look?

That's the one.

I have had teenagers tell me it looks cool and if they were taking the P they hid it well.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 1 Sep 21 at 02:29
I'm jealous. I always fancied one of those.
>> I'm jealous. I always fancied one of those.
>>

The 'tach or the teenagers? ;-)
 beards- Beard oil? - Manatee
>>A full length drooping moustache here

You mean a Zapata job?

anticonquista.com/2018/04/18/why-emiliano-zapatas-legacy-is-more-relevant-than-ever/
No, a proper droop, straight down to the chin.
 beards- Beard oil? - Ted
I've had a beard for many years, it's white now. I shave my cheeks once a week to give it some definition and when it gets too long I rip it down to heavy stubble with the electric strimmer. No beard oil, I wash it, and the rest of me, with Russian pine tar soap for that manly fragrance !

Hair is dealt with on the patio by Mrs Ted using our Aldi grooming machine. I get to goose the hairdresser with no risk of the sex offenders register....just to odd slap.
Clothes are all by Amazon, cheap polo shirts, black washable work trousers with lots of pockets and black shoes. I own no sandals or trainers.
No English gentleman should ever wear Trainers, Gladiator sandals, Crocs or Ugg boots, IMHO. One has to maintain standards !
 beards- Beard oil? - Dog
I've had a beard since the late 70's. I did shave it orf when we lived in Tenerife but soon growd it back when we emigrated to Cornwall 24 years ago.

I haven't had an 'air cut for 22 years - I sweep it back (all 3 strands) and tie it with an elastic band (NOT a pony tail!)

If clothes maketh a man ... I must be trans.

:o)
Latest Forum Posts