Non-motoring > Bees & lizards Legal Questions
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 19

Bees & lizards - No FM2R
..are very very stupid.

Every time I walk past the swimming pool I have to fish one or other, often both, out of the water.

Surely bees ought to have perfected drinking without drowning by now? And lizards, they're supposed to be related to dinosaurs so they definitely should have learned.

I leave cork beer mats floating in the pool. Gives the creatures something to hand on to until the next time I pass and don't bother anybody swimming. Rather clever of me, I thought.
 Bees & lizards - legacylad
Well done. Glad you monitor the situation
 Bees & lizards - zippy
It's all buzzing down there in Chile.
 Bees & lizards - John Boy
Are all of the pool edges vertical? If they are, then things might be different if you made some kind of ramp so they could creep up to the water.
 Bees & lizards - No FM2R
Well, there's some quite wide concrete steps at one end which cats, children and dogs have no problems with. It appears that bees and lizards have no sense of direction.
 Bees & lizards - Zero
You can buy a robotic pool cleaner, that floats around the top sucking up stuff, they are made for leaves n stuff. Death to Lizards n bees I'm afraid, but in the scheme of things, I'm sure your pool is not extinction scale.
 Bees & lizards - No FM2R
I don't expect you, or anybody else for that matter, to understand. But if I get to bed at night and realise I didn't do a last check for bees and lizards that I feel so bad I cannot sleep unless I get up and go check.

On a big day it's probably 10 bees and 2 or 3 lizards. Not extinction level, as you say. But it matters to me.
 Bees & lizards - No FM2R
Oh, and the pool has a skimmer. I turn it off at this time of year.
 Bees & lizards - R.P.
To bee or not to bee !
 Bees & lizards - Zero
Park the car in the pool. The Bees & Lizards can stand on the roof, and it will be clean when you drive it out. Two birds init.
 Bees & lizards - legacylad
Only works if it’s a good karma Leon

Door slams....
 Bees & lizards - Zero
Wow that really good, - specially given the source.....
 Bees & lizards - Kevin
>It appears that bees and lizards have no sense of direction.

Are there Salida/Exit signs painted on the sides of the pool?

I guess they're trying to get a drink and falling in so give them a more attractive alternative than the pool. Maybe build a little bar/cafe for them :-)
The bees in Texas used our hummingbird feeder as a hangout and poolside geckos in Cuba are attracted to ice cubes (or maybe it's the G&T) for some reason.

Alternatively, just throw a marine rope from one side of the pool to the other to give them something to climb up.

BTW. I couldn't let the critters die if I suspected they were there.
 Bees & lizards - No FM2R
Hmmm, that rope idea is worth some thought......
 Bees & lizards - Runfer D'Hills
Would that then be a bee line?...

Bees & lizards - No FM2R
Have you no pride?
 Bees & lizards - Runfer D'Hills
Not any more, no.
 Bees & lizards - zippy
>> Would that then be a bee line?...
>>
>>
>>

That's the Bees' knees!
 Bees & lizards - No FM2R
>> just throw a marine rope from one side of the pool to the other to give them something to climb up.

Thought I'd mention that this worked. Well, it's a nylon rope with a couple of little floats which gets thrown on the water.

They seem to cling to it rather than climb on it, but these days at least the vast majority of the bees & lizards are alive when I haul them out even if they've been there a while.
 Bees & lizards - Kevin
They become very lethargic when their body temp drops. You need to turn the pool heating up.

Little Gordon in Cuba used to try and keep warm at night by sleeping under the canopy fasteners of our day bed.

ibb.co/4gyJzkR
Latest Forum Posts