Non-motoring > C4P Company Cars
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 18

C4P - No FM2R
Any of the mods know how many unique connections to the forum there are per day?

Because I am in a different timezone I often post at unusual times. Yet I often notice that the "views count" increases, sometimes by more than the number of active users we actually have.

So I was wondering if our 20 year old technology allows bots to roam freely around the place unchecked, or that there are quite a considerable number of non-signed-in readers from around the world..
 C4P - Clk Sec
>>or that there are quite a considerable number of non-signed-in readers from around the world..

Quite likely, as I was a lurker at the other place for some years before eventually signing in.
 C4P - R.P.
I know one "lurker" not mentioning any names just follow my eyes ;-)
 C4P - Bromptonaut
She's still following our every move?
 C4P - Zero
Tailgating us in a Scania.
 C4P - No FM2R
I am surprised. I would have thought that her minions' reports would have been sufficient. Anyway, their sad little activity is not really what I was thinking of.

I was wondering about global viewers that do not contribute. I wondered how may they were and where.
 C4P - Zero
I'm sure the guvner has a list of global IP's that visit.
 C4P - Duncan
>> I know one "lurker" not mentioning any names just follow my eyes ;-)
>>

How do you know, or does being a mod give you x-ray vision?
 C4P - smokie
As a mod on another board I can see the IP addresses of the connections, and actually extract the info and do stuff with it if I felt so inclined (but I don't).

Certainly I wouldn't know where to access it here, if we could, but I'm sure the info must be there somewhere.

What about search indexers or whatever they are called?
 C4P - VxFan
>> As a mod on another board I can see the IP addresses of the connections,

IIRC, the only time IP addresses are shown is with new registrations.

>> Certainly I wouldn't know where to access it here, if we could, but I'm sure the info must be there somewhere.

In the admin side of the site there are various log stats, but I can't make head nor tail of most of the data in there. I think this is something that HJ originally used when the HJ site used this platform.

There are some visit stats, which up until present time for December are:

Monthly total 43738 | Unique Monthly visits: 42723

Tue 1 [9525]
Wed 2 [4285]
Thu 3 [2855]
Fri 4 [2914]
Sat 5 [6790]
Sun 6 [6814]
Mon 7 [2598]
Tue 8 [5075]
Wed 9 [1937]
Thu 10 [945]

Looks like we have a lot of unregistered visitors (lurkers) out there.

Here are November's visit stats.
Monthly total 116061 | Unique Monthly visits: 112089
 C4P - R.P.
She told me ! In fact she's sitting on the settee as I type...it wasn't who you thought it was for goodness sake ! :0
 C4P - Robin O'Reliant
There must be a few former posters who log in from time to time to see how it's going.
 C4P - Zero
>> She told me ! In fact she's sitting on the settee as I type...it wasn't
>> who you thought it was for goodness sake ! :0

Your dog was a poster on here?
 C4P - Rudedog
OK sorry a question related to the website....

Since buying the GTi I've joined a dedicated forum, weirdly when I start a post over there it shows be subject titles that I've only used on C4P, could they be related or is it more likely to be with my browser?

C4P - smokie
I expect that'll be your browser doing autofill. You can clear Autofill somewhere in settings but I've found that is not always desirable, or effective.
 C4P - Bobby
I only ever sign in here when I am posting stuff. Otherwise just read the posts. Does that make me technically a lurker as far as stats go?
 C4P - R.P.
He's a he !
 C4P - No FM2R
Most hes are.
 C4P - smokie
Hehehe...
Latest Forum Posts