Non-motoring > Bargains Thread Volume 1.   [Read only] Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 111

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - R.P.

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 2 *****

Post links in here of any offers/bargains that you come across. Need not be motoring but motoring related is of course welcome.

Badwolf RJ70, started this thread now hidden your posts - thanks for the support
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 8 Jan 11 at 16:09

Bargains Thread. - bathtub tom
I'm up for it. I'll offer this link as my first contribution. I was just looking at it to see what show I might go to as I'm in London for a couple of days next week:

www.tkts.co.uk/

Bargains Thread. - Ted

OK...Lidl have a box of assorted fibre washers, 'O' rings and other seals...hundreds according to the ad, at £3.99......I'm off to get a box in a minute.

Shell are doing an LED torch at the same price. Very compact and bright with a fold-away swivelling hook and an inset magnet. I've bought 3 and used one the other day putting some shelves in a cupboard......very useful.

Ted

Bargains Thread. - Dog
Down at the cantina they're giving green stamps with tequila.

Bargains Thread. - Clk Sec
Any decent offers around for the better known whisky brands?

Don't like paying the full price...

Bargains Thread. - CGNorwich
Sainsburys have got £10 off Cardhu 12 year old malt - "£22.59 instead of £32.50

Just google the supermarkets and look for offers

Bargains Thread. - Skoda
BMW 728i, excellent condition throughout... :-P Only kidding... (kind of!?)

Get your bum picked up from london stanstead and dropped in the algarve and includes a place to put your head at night for £89 / 3 nights.

www.travelzoo.com/uk/holidays/spain/887540/
Last edited by: Skoda on Thu 16 Sep 10 at 12:37

Bargains Thread. - Marc
"Any decent offers around for the better known whisky brands?

Don't like paying the full price..."

Waitrose seem to regularly offer JURA for around the £20 mark but I most pleased at picking up a bottle at the CO-OP before Christmas last year for £16.

Bargains Thread. - Bellboy
i got 3 bottles of jura last year at netto for £14.99 each
they were £19.99 last week with a free hip flask so i got some teachers at a £10 a throw unstead
y

Bargains Thread. - Runfer D'Hills
Anyone know where one could get a reasonably priced clip on bike rack ?

I know of one that's available. Even comes with a free bike...

Bargains Thread. - Marc
"i got 3 bottles of jura last year at netto for £14.99 each
they were £19.99 last week with a free hip flask so i got some teachers at a £10 a throw unstead"

Excellent buys and my dad's two favourites also.

Bargains Thread. - AnotherJohnH
This place is worth a look:

www.hotukdeals.com/

Bargains Thread. - Perky Penguin
www.vouchercodes.co.uk has offers every week, right across the board. I have been following the restaurant vouchers - most of the Italian chains ( Zizzi, Prezzo, Ask, Pizza Express) have had variations on 2 courses for £5 each, Buy one get another for £1 etc.

I am going to Pizza Express in Reading tomorrow on a 3 courses for £12.95 offer

There is an excellent chain of four restaurants in Central London called Bistro 1. 2 courses for £6.95 and three for £7.95. Good food and good locations. Check out the menu at the link here www.bistro1.co.uk/bistro1/Home.html

Bargains Thread. - Zero
Just had a pizza express on a "2 pizzas for £12" offer.

Two of the most expensive pizzas were ordered of course, would normally have cost £21

>>Any decent offers around for the better known whisky brands?

Thanks for the tips. I treated myself to a bottle of Bushmills 10 year old single malt while shopping at Sainsbury's this morning.

'Twas on offer at £21.97; £6 off their usual price.

Bike racks. - FotheringtonTomas
Some racks in Aldi for a tenner, look good. Clip on? Dunno.
Last edited by: FotheringtonTomas on Fri 17 Sep 10 at 12:33

Bargains Thread. - MD
>>unstead ????

Couldn't wait could you??

Chortle.

Bargains Thread - suggestion. - FotheringtonTomas
How about doing this as in the old HJ's "IHAQ", i.e. reply to first psot *changing the title* to be descriptive? As it is now, we'll just get inept replies to the last post, even for new "bargains", all with the title of "Bargains Thread Volume 1".
Last edited by: FotheringtonTomas on Fri 17 Sep 10 at 12:36

Bargains Thread - suggestion. - R.P.
Good idea I'll write it up later - it was an ad hoc thing and I was wondering afterwards whether we needed to index it. Thanks.

Bargains Thread - suggestion. - spamcan61
Seem to be a lot of cheap TV deals around at the moment, a few from www.hotukdeals.com:-

Panasonic 42" Plasma 380 quid at Dixons (Personally I still think they give a more realsitic picture than LCD)

www.hotukdeals.com/deals/panasonic-viera-tx-p42c2b-42-hd-rea/759461#comments

Samsung 42" Plasma 370 odd quid at Dabs:-

www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-ps42c450-42-hd-ready-plasma/759297

Toshiba 40" LCD 370 odd quid at Amazon:-

www.hotukdeals.com/deals/toshiba-40lv713b-40-inch-widescreen/759152

Bargains Thread - suggestion. - Dog
Loadsa 'stuff' from ALDI this Thursday ~

www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week38Thursday10.htm

Bargains Thread - suggestion. - henry k
I bought the LED worklights and they are still going OK.
They are both non rechargable types.

Bargains Thread - suggestion. - Iffy
...Loadsa 'stuff' from ALDI this Thursday...

I picked up a little pot of olives and feta cheese from Aldi on Saturday.

The olives and cheese were in a light-ish dressing with a little diced red pepper.

It was absolutely drop-dead delicious.

Dunno what I paid, but it would have been a bargain at twice the price.

I must change the habits of a lifetime and pay a visit to one of these ere ALDI stores,
I've never been to one before, but I'm after one of those £20 hand trucks so I'll be a'knocking on the door come Thursday morn at 9-00am

Bargains Thread - suggestion. - Old Navy
The larger Poundstrecher Extra stores have similar heavy duty hand trucks at the moment, same price. It is yellow and the brand is Rolson.

Bargains Thread - suggestion. - Perky Penguin
Rolson is also the maker of some quite acceptable small hand tools, wire cutters, circlip pliers
needle nose pliers etc.. They feature in my local cheapie shop which is affectionately known as Harrods by the locals

Bargains Thread - suggestion. - henry k
>> Rolson is also the maker of some quite acceptable small hand tools, wire cutters, circlip pliers
>> needle nose pliers etc..
>> They feature in my local cheapie shop which is affectionately known as Harrods by the locals
>>
Sounds like Wheelhouse to me. I stocked up with loads and loads of stuff from them over the years including Rolson. IMO unbeatable prices but it is closing of may have already shut its doors.
Nowt for me there a few weeks ago. Not even tempted with England musical mugs for 50p

Bargains Thread - suggestion. - Old Navy

Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 20 Sep 10 at 22:08

>>The larger Poundstrecher Extra stores have similar heavy duty hand trucks at the moment<<

Don't think we've got one of those down this neck o'the woods, could do with one though.

>> one of those £20 hand trucks

I'm annoyed by that ad. Sack barrows.

>> so I'll be a'knocking on the door come Thursday morn at 9-00am

Nip down to your local tip and chat to the chap. He'll have something about 50 years old that'll out-last you. They might not take money, so offer him some "very special tea bags" for the cabin. A tenner will be more than adequate.

>> so offer him some "very special tea bags" for the cabin. A tenner will be more than adequate.<<

You know Cornwall well then :)

North Cornwall and the area around Cumbaarn/Redruth (from a long time ago).

>>North Cornwall and the area around Cumbaarn/Redruth (from a long time ago).<<

Ah! Proper Cornish :)

Where are you to, Budmun?

>>Where are you to, Budmun?<<

I be in Truro, used to live near Budmun and work in Lanson (Launceston!)

Bargains Thread - suggestion. - Perky Penguin
Because of my reduced circumstances I tend to shop at Aldi and then go on to Sainsburys for what I can't find or don't like in Aldi. Their bread/wheat products are not great and I bought a box of honey nut cornflakes which I didn't like and neither did the birds in my back garden! Their meat, fish, bacon, cheese and household cleaning products are excellent IMO

Bargains Thread - suggestion. - DeeW
Looks like time to make the christmas cake Dog, or Lud's birthday cake at least ;-)

>>Looks like time to make the christmas cake Dog, or Lud's birthday cake at least ;-)<<

Bit late for Lud's birthday Dee, but yeah - you could get the ole xmas cake a'going :)

Cheap mumber plates via e bay - Hugo
I've actually used these guys for a plate for the trailer.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/MoT-Compliant-Number-Plates-GB-EURO-Free-Postage-/370432775941?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563f839705

A number plate made up and delivered for under a fiver.

And I know many of you will say 'But what about proving ownership of the car etc' IIRC there is something in their Ts and Cs that these plates are sold for exhibition or demo purposes etc.

If you need 2 then it's a shade under a tenner.

I got mine in the post a few days later.

Highly recommended!

Cheap mumber plates via e bay - sherlock47
I have just bought a front plate great value - but how did you enter the registaration number?

I paid by paypal and then sent a separate email. Was there something I missed?

Cheap mumber plates via e bay - Hugo
>> I have just bought a front plate great value - but how did you enter
>> the registaration number?
>>
>> I paid by paypal and then sent a separate email. Was there something I missed?
>>

If so, I missed it too ;)

There is the facility to leave a message on your paypal payment I think, but I did exactly what you did. Just make sure you put your e bay user name and maybe your name and address on the e mail so they can put 2 and 2 together.

Cheap mumber plates via e bay - Dulwich Estate
Haynes Combustion Engine now only £21.11 at Amazon with Free Delivery.

www.amazon.co.uk/Trends-Uk-Ltd-Haynes-Combustion/dp/B000YX7OXO?SubscriptionId=17ZNWQMWNAY2K2SFHV82&tag=offeroftheday-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000YX7OXO

I wish I had a good excuse to get one !

Cheap mumber plates via e bay - Zero
Buy one, break its cambelt and send it to Mappy.

(sorry, its cruel and evil I know, but I really couldn't resist it - he does really have my sympathies.)

Cheap mumber plates via e bay - Dulwich Estate
It's £20.99 now - fluid pricing presumably. Long Life or cooking 20W50 ?

Cheap Italian Food - Perky Penguin
3 course meal for £12.95 at ASK this weekend; some choice for each course and only one voucher needed for a group.

Cheap Italian Food - devonite
secret items in Tesco 1p each, don`t know what they are tho`! - you find em by skulking up an dowm the aisles!

Tesco 1p items - sherlock47
>> secret items in Tesco 1p each, don`t know what they are tho`! - you find
>> em by skulking up an dowm the aisles!
>>

all revealed
forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2711727

Cheap Italian Food - VxFan
>> secret items in Tesco 1p each

Not sure about 1p items, but I've discovered by accident items that have been mega cheaper from time to time. eg, A box of Bassetts Allsorts for 50p instead of £3.99, a solar security LED light for £3.50 instead of something like £37, 6 can pack of their own brand soft drinks for 26p instead of £1.08. As said on moneysavingexpert the prices aren't always correct on the shelf labels.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 24 Sep 10 at 00:52

Cheap mumber plates via e bay - RattleandSmoke
Wow I will probably order one for myself! I assume its only a model and it dosn't actually work like a real engine though, e.g its powered by an electric motor and dosn't actually combust fuel.

Cheap mumber plates via e bay - RattleandSmoke
Sorry replied in the wrong place, but its actually cheaper in Argos!

tiny.cc/ksm7b

Going to buy this tomorrow.

Cheap mumber plates via e bay - spamcan61
Just bear in mind the instruction manual is wrong, as discussed here:-

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=2844

Waterproof jacket, detachable fleece, £25 Aldi - Focusless
Just got one, branded 'Crane Trail' (Aldi own brand I believe) 'Mens 3 in 1 Jacket', nice and warm with the fleece zipped in, not too heavy with it detached. Label says '5000mm waterproof' and '5000gr/m2/24hrs breathable'. Hood hides under collar, lots of pockets. Outer material is 'fabric' rather than 'plastic'.

Only other waterproof things I've seen at this price (and I've been looking for a couple of weeks) are not very nice plasticy things.

Waterproof jacket, detachable fleece, £25 Aldi - Stuu
Ive seen Morrisons selling low-energy bulbs for I think it was 7p each recently, usually in bins in homewares section. I bought a truck load a while back.

Waterproof jacket, detachable fleece, £25 Aldi - RattleandSmoke
The problem is what use are they? We have a load of those super market cheapies and they never get used as they are far too dimm to light an edwardian house with 12 foot ceilings.

Waterproof jacket, detachable fleece, £25 Aldi - L'escargot
>> The problem is what use are they? We have a load of those super market
>> cheapies and they never get used as they are far too dimm to light an
>> edwardian house with 12 foot ceilings.
>>

This website should give you some idea of what wattage you need to give the same light output as a traditional bulb. tinyurl.com/2v2yjwq

Waterproof jacket, detachable fleece, £25 Aldi - L'escargot
Also, see www.energybulbs.co.uk/products/%20Equivalent%20To::150

Low enery Bulbs - Perky Penguin
Some very strange pricing on these in Dunelm, yesterday. Display of low energy bulbs, 29p each or 3 for 19p ie 6p and a bit each. How does that work? I checked it with the staff and it was not a misprint

Low enery Bulbs - Clk Sec
>>How does that work?

I often wonder. I use interdental toothbrushes which I buy from Superdrug in packs of 5. Some time ago they had an offer where I was able to buy two packs for significantly less than buying just one.

It wasn't a mistake; the staff were aware.

Low enery Bulbs - Cpt. Flack
I live in a high ceiling Victorian semi. Other day bought 9 low energy bulbs from Tesco for 24p each. Each bulb equivalent to 75 watt output. Much brighter than previous low energy bulbs and state they should last 8 years. Though my previous bulbs didn't last as long as that. We shall see.

Low enery Bulbs - spamcan61
>> Some very strange pricing on these in Dunelm, yesterday. Display of low energy bulbs, 29p
>> each or 3 for 19p ie 6p and a bit each. How does that work?
>> I checked it with the staff and it was not a misprint
>>

I've seen a few offers like this in recent years, I assume there must be some sort of taxpayer funded subsidy which is only applicable on multiple purchases or something.

Low enery Bulbs - Ian (Cape Town)
Two years back, after someone dropped a bolt into the turbine at the local Nuclear Power station, causing brown-outs and load-shedding across the nation, the local power suppliers Eskom sent task teams round to collect all the old bulbs and replace them with energy savers. FREE!
Made sense to me!

Low enery Bulbs - madf
As part of their contribution to energy saving, ALL energy comapnies must offer subsidies on energy savings to consumers.

Hence insulation, or light bulbs offers.

Of course, no matter if they barely used or thrown away, they get the credit for doing their bit. It's ideal in theory, in practise we the consumer are subsidising a vast waste of moeny as the costs of the subsidies are added to our bills. There is ZERO check of the effectiveness.

So in theory, the company subsidises, insultaion, they then send out staff to buy up all the subsidised insulation which is then resold at normal retail price...

Note: I am NOT alleging this happens. But it could.. The scheme is a box ticking exercise only..

PS many of the cheaper light bulbs last for short periods and rapidly stop emitting the declared light output.

Caveat emptor..
Last edited by: madf on Sat 9 Oct 10 at 19:19

Low enery Bulbs - Ian (Cape Town)
Is it my old eyes, or do the energy saver bulbs take a while to get to full power/light emitted?

Low enery Bulbs - Old Navy
>> Is it my old eyes, or do the energy saver bulbs take a while to
>> get to full power/light emitted?
>>

Cheapo ones do, good ones are almost instantaneous.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 9 Oct 10 at 19:45

>> Is it my old eyes, or do the energy saver bulbs take a while to
>> get to full power/light emitted?
>>

IIRC they dope them with more mercury (well know environmentally friendly substance) to make them reach full brightness more quickly. They take longer to reach full brightness as they age.

Low enery Bulbs - Dog
>>They take longer to reach full brightness as they age<<

Tell me about it!

:)

Low enery Bulbs - Perky Penguin
My local tip has a skip for mercury and low energy bulbs but I understand there is a potential health hazard if you happen to drop/break one at home? Urban myths about people coming in with protective clothing, like asbestos clearance teams!

Low enery Bulbs - Clk Sec
>>Tell me about it!

Nowt Toc H about you, Dog!

Low enery Bulbs - Dog
>>Nowt Toc H about you, Dog!

S'funny ... Toc H actually means quite a lot to me as its included in the title of a track on the first Pink Floyd album,
I wouldn't advise anyone to listen to it though, except for ardent PF affectionados.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3T4LQO2oEc

Low enery Bulbs - Dog
>>My local tip has a skip for mercury and low energy bulbs but I understand there is a potential health hazard<<

Mercury is what sent the Mad Hatter mad, either that or he drank too much tea,
talking of which ...

:)

Low enery Bulbs - bathtub tom
I'm from Luton, where they made hats.

Is it genetic tic tic?

>> I'm from Luton, where they made hats.
>>
>> Is it genetic tic tic?
>>

I do hope not as I was born & bred near Leagrave railway station :-)

Low enery Bulbs - Dog
>>I'm from Luton, where they made hats<<

Ain't that where the rime of the ancient milliner woz written.

Eating out Offers - Perky Penguin
1. Curries, 2 for the price of 1, nationwide - voucher on packets of McCoys Crisps
2. Pizza Express, 3 courses for £12.95 Fir/Sat/Sun until the end of the month
3. Two pizzas or pastas at Prezzo for £10, 7 days a week until the end of the month
4. Two main courses for the price of one at Ask, ends 12th November.

Loads of other offers at vouchercodes.co.uk

Regular train travellers can get 20% of food & drink at most station outlets. Apply for a BITE card at bite.co.uk; card is issue free and covers the 8 main food suppliers - Upper Crust, Pumpkin etc

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - borasport
Aldi have a USB cassette/digital converter for 39.99 today - has anyone actually seen one in the shops - there's no sign of any in Castleford

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - madf
>> Aldi have a USB cassette/digital converter for 39.99 today - has anyone actually seen one
>> in the shops - there's no sign of any in Castleford
>>

Probably all stolen.

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - borasport
>> Probably all stolen.
>>

Naaa... no demand from the light fingered fraternity - they threw all their cassettes away years ago as soon as they had nicked the CD's to replace them.

p.s., they did actually have them in stock in the store, but not on display - I suspect the staff wanted them

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - Zero
Oh come on. Who has cassettes left that sound remotely good enough to want to transfer to digital.

Well I have some Top Twenty tapes from the 70s - worth it for Fluff alone (Dale Winton is a poor second).

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - Iffy
...(Dale Winton is a poor second)...

Tony Blackburn's taking over soon.

Even worse..

...Even worse...

How can you say that of a living legend?

He practically invented poptastic DJ radio.

Tone's great, a national treasure.

Yes, indeedy.

He's a doddering old git.

He a boring simpering doddering old git.

I was trying to be kind.

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - MD
You (we) will be all of that one day God willing!

>> I was trying to be kind.

Hey come on, that wasn't a great effort was it.

...He a boring simpering doddering old git...

Speak for yourself, comrade.

No No No, I speak about one much older than me.

...I speak about one much older than me...

So we can add ageism to your long list of prejudices.

No, No, No, of course not, its something I aspire to.

You can add my prejudice against Tony Blackburn to the list, oh yes indeedy.

....You can add my prejudice against Tony Blackburn to the list, oh yes indeedy...

Definition of prejudice: "An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts."

Some progress, at last you accept your dislike of Tony has no rational basis.

Ok Sorry

I HATE Tony Blackburn.

Definition of Hate

An intense feeling of dislike. It may occur in a wide variety of contexts, from hatred of inanimate objects or animals, to hatred of oneself or other people, entire groups of people, people in general, existence, or everything.

I don't want there to be any misunderstanding about this.

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - BiggerBadderDave
Stop-a-doodle-doo!

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - MD
>> Stop-a-doodle-doo!
>>
Linda Lewis.

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - spamcan61
>> Oh come on. Who has cassettes left that sound remotely good enough to want to
>> transfer to digital.
>>
I've got about 100 gig bootlegs from the eighties which I've been meaning to transfer to mp3 for about 10 years now, but for most commercial stuff I agree.

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - Roger.
Save the looking and subscribe to the weekly email from Martin's Money Tips - loads of last minute deals, sale notices, coupon offers etc.

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - Falkirk Bairn
From 1st November

20% of 4 x Michelins @ Costco

Oil - Castrol 5/30 - £18 for 4 litres
Castrol 10/30 - £29.60 for 8 litres (2 x 4 ltr pack)

I realise there are other makes than Michelin and Castrol but if you want amongst the best products for your motor then Costco is worth a look.

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - Dog
'Free Sky movies weekend ~ forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2754766

Clint Eastwoods Gran Torino on Friday, I had the DVD last weekend - good film IMO.

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - Focusless
I mentioned on another thread the LG GS101 which I bought on Virgin PAYG from Carphone Warehouse the other week. It's a basic phone, but it's quite neat, and for £3.95 (+ £10 topup) it does seem like a bargain.

What surprised me is that it is unlocked - I stuck an O2 sim in it today and it's working fine. Also seemed ok with a T-Mobile sim, although I didn't make any calls on that one.

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - bathtub tom
£5 Debenhams voucher. No minimum spend.

w.shopdebenhams.com/nms/jsp/webForm.jsp?fo=VoucherOther

It gave me brownie points with SWMBO.

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - rtj70
>> What surprised me is that it is unlocked

Most phones at CPW are unlocked. The exceptions are the iPhone I think. It used to be all smartphones. They are unlocked because they'd have to carry a lot of stock to cover networks otherwise.

So if there's a phone you want and it's cheaper, even with buying a SIM, then getting it at CPW and then popping in your normal SIM can be worthwhile. I've done this a couple of times. My Samsung Galaxy S is from CPW and unlocked. Unlike if I'd got it from say Vodafone.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 28 Oct 10 at 23:38

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - Pat
I've been with Vodafone for years now and all the upgrade phones I've had from them have been unlocked, including the Nokia N8 that that came this week.
I normally negotiate a reduction in price instead of an upgrade but this year, as I expected, they couldn't go much lower than it already is.
I shall continue to use my Nokia 3110C :)

Pat

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - BobbyG
Pat, so with your last comment you are not going to be able to give your thoughts on the N8?

Ask me at 3pm!

Pat

I've just sold it on Ebay for £335.

Pat

It will have been locked to the Vodafone network. Hope you advertised it as such. Vodafone do not give out unlocked handsets. Not in my experience anyway. I bet if you put a SIM from O2, 3, Orange, etc in the phone it would not work.

I've been with Vodafone for over 10 years now and had upgrades regularly until they got too complicated to use, and up to now I have never had one that didn't work with Ian's sim card in it, which is Orange.
This N8 worked with the Orange sim card as well but I advertised it clearly as 'may' be locked to vodafone.......of course.

Don't know where you've been getting your vodafone handsets from:)

Pat

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - John H
>> Vodafone do not give out unlocked handsets. Not in my experience anyway. I bet if
>> you put a SIM from O2, 3, Orange, etc in the phone it would not
>> work.
>>

You could lose your bet, unless it is a Blackberry or iPhone. Vodafone say:
"Except for the iPhone and the BlackBerry Storm, we will supply a Network Unlock Code (NUC) for you if you've bought a phone from us on either pay monthly or pay as you go. A NUC allows you to use non-Vodafone SIM cards with your Vodafone phone. If you got the phone on pay monthly, the NUC will be free of charge, regardless of its age, as all new pay monthly phones (other than BlackBerry devices) are now supplied unlocked."

Last edited by: John H on Fri 29 Oct 10 at 16:11

Last phone I got directly from Vodafone was a Nokia e51 which is locked. CPW have been unlocked apart from originally smartphones, and now iPhones, from the start.

I did say in my experience BTW ;-)

No, you just wanted to pee on my parade:)

Pat

Latest Forum Posts