Non-motoring > Premium bond prize checker website Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 14

Premium bond prize checker website - bathtub tom
I see NS&I have a whizzy, new prize checker website. I can't seem to make it work.

Anyone else use it to check their premium bonds and got it to work?
 Premium bond prize checker website - commerdriver
Works for me, £50 this month
 Premium bond prize checker website - maltrap
Works for me too.
 Premium bond prize checker website - bathtub tom
Found it works with chrome, but not waterfox.
 Premium bond prize checker website - Duncan
>> Found it works with chrome, but not waterfox.
>>

Not with Chrome, works with Firefox.

£175. kerching!
 Premium bond prize checker website - Mike H
Ditto, worked for me on Chrome on my phone - £25!
 Premium bond prize checker website - zippy
IOS app working. £25 this month. £325 last 6 months.
 Premium bond prize checker website - Crankcase
Worked for me too, also £25.

Don't know why they changed the website. For the change-resistant like me, the world of tech is a daily annoyance, with "stuff" changing endlessly for no apparent reason.

Drives me mad, but probably also drives the economy. It's a bit like surviving by everyone taking in everyone else's washing.

Last month we won £50. £25 in the usual manner, then a day later a letter from them saying another winner had proved to be ineligible for the prize, so they had reallocated their £25 to us.

Not had one of those before.
 Premium bond prize checker website - Zero

>> Last month we won £50. £25 in the usual manner, then a day later a
>> letter from them saying another winner had proved to be ineligible for the prize, so
>> they had reallocated their £25 to us.
>>
>> Not had one of those before.

Is that the one where they ask you for your bank details for the reallocated money?
 Premium bond prize checker website - No FM2R
That was my immediate thought also.
 Premium bond prize checker website - Clk Sec
Mine, too...
 Premium bond prize checker website - Crankcase
No, I also thought it was a scam/mistake/just weird at first. But the "warrant" was in the envelope, and it's long since paid in and cleared. And googling showed stories over the years of the exact letter being sent to others, then querying it with National Savings, and being told it was real. So I was happy enough.

It was only this month we have had to move away from warrants. Mrs C isn't excited at all by winnings just appearing in the bank account, but IS, or anyway was, excited by an unexpected envelope containing who knows how much until you open it. Lots of bouncing about the room squeaking "I won, I won". Which entertained me. Alas no more.

Anyway, I had a look about at the time, and it seems that a couple of circumstances where this reallocation happens are:

The original winner has died; if it's not claimed and added to the estate within I think six months the winnings are reallocated.

The original winner has done something sufficiently criminal for the proceeds of crime act to kick in, and they aren't allowed to claim. Or they think the bonds were bought with dodgy money.

I'm sure there are others. But it seems as if National Savings are a bit cagey about exactly HOW the prizes are reallocated, so we have to guess. Next number along? Some secret extra draw? Joe in the back room with a pin?

Who knows. Maybe someone here can find the answer, if they get one of these reallocations at some point.
 Premium bond prize checker website - legacylad
Well I hope those of you that win something, spend it.
That rainy day/week has been and gone. Enjoy your winnings.
 Premium bond prize checker website - Ambo
New site works for me, with a measly £25.
 Premium bond prize checker website - Clk Sec
>> New site works for me, with a measly £25.

I don't know what you're moaning about - mine haven't won a penny piece, and I've had them since the 60s!
Latest Forum Posts